Nicole Kidman discusses 'MeToo' movement
Published : 13 Sep 2018, 18:17
Nicole Kidman says that #MeToo movement isn't just about gender, it covers many other aspects. Speaking about the viral movement against sexual harassment and sexual assault that started in 2017, Nichole said that it is a big movement so that there is respect and equality and decency and people can move forward regardless of their gender with just a little bit more balance. She also adds that the issue covers various topics like gender, parity, sexual harassment at the workplace.
Kidman has always been vocal about the issues concerning women, particularly in Hollywood. In her 2018 Screen Actors Guild (SAG) speech, she spoke about the status of women in Hollywood and said that the industry should continue to support female stories.
Kidman's current film, 'Destroyer' is a story about a female detective Erin Bell (Nicole Kidman), whose undercover work inside a cultish gang in the California desert at the beginning of her career ends in tragedy, leaving her with enduring psychic scars, reports Deadline. The film is scheduled to premiere in theaters on December 25.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised