Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
Published : 14 Sep 2018, 16:04
Late actress Sridevi's daughter Jahnvi Kapoor, who rely on natural remedies for skin care said that today every woman should be proud of her beauty and not feel unapologetic about it. "Every woman has a different journey when it comes to beauty and they should be proud of it. They don't need to follow anyone as no two things can ever be same and at the same time be unapologetic about it," Jahnvi told reporters here on Wednesday at an event.
Jahnvi has been appointed as the ambassador of a beauty brand and she feels honoured as this her first professional association.
"It is human nature that you want to have a control over the way you look.. It is a form of self expression. I take great deal of interest in it. Even while growing up I have seen my mom getting ready for shoots and events. One of the vivid memories that I have is that she was so good at doing make up," she said.
The "Dhadak" actor prefers keeping it simple and often indulges in home made techniques for a healthy skin.
"Today, people are leaning towards looking more natural and this is something I enjoy much more. I love shades that are more natural and simple as opposed to heavy," she added.
Janhvi will be seen next in Karan Johar's "Takht" also starring Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor, Vicky Kaushal, Bhumi Pednekar.
"I am excited (about the film)," she said, without talking much about the film.
The period drama film is set to release in 2020.
- Most viewed
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Hasina, Modi inaugurate Bangladesh-India oil pipeline
- Emmys full of surprises, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' dominates
- 18 September Events
- 18 September Births
- 18 September Deaths
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- 14 September Births
- Country is marching forward: Sheikh Hasina
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Deaths
- 14 September Events
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor