Low still lies over Bay, signal 3 for maritime ports
Published : 05 Apr 2017, 18:37
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal number three as the trough of low still lies over West Bengal and adjoining area which extends up to North Bay.
"There is possibility to occur heavy rainfall at some places across the country under the influence of the low," said a spokesman of Met office this morning.
"Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at many places over Mymensingh, Sylhet and Chittagong divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Barisal divisions," a Met office press release said.
Meanwhile, steep pressure gradient persists over the North Bay of Bengal. Squally weather may affect North Bay, adjoining coastal area of Bangladesh and the maritime ports, it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The sunsets at 6:16 pm today and sunrises at 5:46 am tomorrow at Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Are smoothies good for your diet? Here’s what experts have to say
- Ending the option of carrying a child is about taking control of the body
- Facebook, Twitter not affecting face-to-face contact with friends
- Tinder’s new feature to give more power to women
- Why you can’t get enough of your favourite songs
- How asthma may affect your chances of pregnancy
- Recipe: Shahi Paneer, simply delicious
- Sara Ali Khan to make Bollywood debut with Ranveer Singh?
- ‘Descendants 3’ to be out in 2019
- Make everyday of your life Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart
- Invest in girls, women: UN chief
- Prime Minister to meet Pope today
- Man to die for killing wife in Netrakona
- Adore the feel of feminism with payals
- Oru Adaar Love special teaser starring Priya Prakash is out (video)
- ‘Saudi women should not have to wear abaya robes’
- 11 February Births
- Pahela Falgun brings colour in life