Low still lies over Bay, signal 3 for maritime ports
Published : 05 Apr 2017, 18:37
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal number three as the trough of low still lies over West Bengal and adjoining area which extends up to North Bay.
"There is possibility to occur heavy rainfall at some places across the country under the influence of the low," said a spokesman of Met office this morning.
"Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at many places over Mymensingh, Sylhet and Chittagong divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Barisal divisions," a Met office press release said.
Meanwhile, steep pressure gradient persists over the North Bay of Bengal. Squally weather may affect North Bay, adjoining coastal area of Bangladesh and the maritime ports, it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The sunsets at 6:16 pm today and sunrises at 5:46 am tomorrow at Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge