Low still lies over Bay, signal 3 for maritime ports
Published : 05 Apr 2017, 18:37
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal number three as the trough of low still lies over West Bengal and adjoining area which extends up to North Bay.
"There is possibility to occur heavy rainfall at some places across the country under the influence of the low," said a spokesman of Met office this morning.
"Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at many places over Mymensingh, Sylhet and Chittagong divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Barisal divisions," a Met office press release said.
Meanwhile, steep pressure gradient persists over the North Bay of Bengal. Squally weather may affect North Bay, adjoining coastal area of Bangladesh and the maritime ports, it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The sunsets at 6:16 pm today and sunrises at 5:46 am tomorrow at Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- PM sure of AL victory in next election
- SMEs’ contribution to economy huge: Speaker
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- Bangladeshi arrested in New York after ‘suicide blast’ attempt
- Fresh is always better!
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held