Low still lies over Bay, signal 3 for maritime ports
Published : 05 Apr 2017, 18:37
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted local cautionary signal number three as the trough of low still lies over West Bengal and adjoining area which extends up to North Bay.
"There is possibility to occur heavy rainfall at some places across the country under the influence of the low," said a spokesman of Met office this morning.
"Rain or thunder showers accompanied by temporary gusty or squally wind is likely to occur at many places over Mymensingh, Sylhet and Chittagong divisions and at one or two places over Dhaka, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Khulna and Barisal divisions," a Met office press release said.
Meanwhile, steep pressure gradient persists over the North Bay of Bengal. Squally weather may affect North Bay, adjoining coastal area of Bangladesh and the maritime ports, it said.
All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice.
Day temperature may remain nearly unchanged and night temperature may rise slightly over the country.
The sunsets at 6:16 pm today and sunrises at 5:46 am tomorrow at Dhaka.
- Most viewed
- Have mushroom-rich breakfast to maintain healthy weight
- Fashion industry not real life: Claudia Schiffer
- Yuriko Koike who may become Japan's first woman PM
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Full verdict commuting Oishee's death released
- Three young men beat elderly woman to death
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Sushma Swaraj arrives today
- 22 October Deaths
- 18 October Events
- 18 October Births
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Magura schoolgirl commits suicide
- Raped then beaten up for protesting
- Momen urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises