Cyclone 'Maarutha' moves northeastwards in Bay
Published : 16 Apr 2017, 17:32
The cyclonic storm "Maarutha" over east-central bay and adjoining area moved northeastwards further and lies over the same area, a Met Office weather bulletin said here today.
The cyclone was centered at 12 noon today about 590 kms south of Chittagong port, 505 kms south of Cox's Bazar port, 705 kms south-southeast of Mongla port and 620 kms south-southeast of Payra port. It is likely to move in a north-northeasterly direction and may cross Myanmar coast near Sandoway by midnight tonight.
Maximum sustained wind speed within 54 kms of the cyclonic storm centre is about 62 kph rising to 88 kph in gusts or squalls, the weather bulletin said adding sea will remain very rough.
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted distant warning signal number two (rpt) two. All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay and deep sea have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice so that they can take shelter immediately.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self