Cyclone 'Maarutha' moves northeastwards in Bay
Published : 16 Apr 2017, 17:32
The cyclonic storm "Maarutha" over east-central bay and adjoining area moved northeastwards further and lies over the same area, a Met Office weather bulletin said here today.
The cyclone was centered at 12 noon today about 590 kms south of Chittagong port, 505 kms south of Cox's Bazar port, 705 kms south-southeast of Mongla port and 620 kms south-southeast of Payra port. It is likely to move in a north-northeasterly direction and may cross Myanmar coast near Sandoway by midnight tonight.
Maximum sustained wind speed within 54 kms of the cyclonic storm centre is about 62 kph rising to 88 kph in gusts or squalls, the weather bulletin said adding sea will remain very rough.
Maritime ports of Chittagong, Cox's Bazar, Mongla and Payra have been advised to keep hoisted distant warning signal number two (rpt) two. All fishing boats and trawlers over North Bay and deep sea have been advised to remain close to the coast and proceed with caution till further notice so that they can take shelter immediately.
- Most viewed
- Bangabandhu's assassination most shameful incident in world history: Envoy
- Speaker pays homage to Bangabandhu
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- 15 August Births
- 15 August Events
- 15 August Deaths
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- 9 August Events
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women
- Karan Johar welcomes Preity Zinta back to Bollywood
- 9 August Births
- Bangladeshi women footballers beat Pakistan by 14-0
- 9 August Deaths
- Kareena Kapoor to get 50 per cent remuneration hike
- PM greets U-15 women footballers for victory over Pakistan