Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
Published : 21 Jul 2018, 13:40
Day and night temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over the country in the next 24 hours ending at 9:00 am tomorrow, Bangladesh Meteorological Department (BMD) forecasted that on Saturday.
In a release, the met office said that mild to moderate heat wave is sweeping over Rangpur & Sylhet divisions and the regions of Dhaka, Mymensingh, Chandpur, Rajshahi & Bogura and it may abate.
Besides, light to moderate rain or thundershowers accompanied by temporary gusty wind is likely to occur at most places over Barishal, Chattogram & Khulna divisions and at many places over Rangpur, Rajshahi, Dhaka, Sylhet & Mymensingh divisions with moderately heavy to heavy falls at places over the country during the period.
Meanwhile, rainfall activity may increase over the country in the next 72 hours or three days, the met office release also added.
The low over North Bay and adjoining area intensified into a well marked low and now lies over Northwest Bay & adjoining West Bengal-Odisha coast. It is likely to intensify further. Under its influence deep convection is taking place over North Bay and adjoining costal area of Bangladesh.
The axis of monsoon trough runs through Rajsthan, Hariyana, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Gangetic West Bengal, centre of the well-marked low and thence northeastwards to Assam across the Southern part of Bangladesh. Monsoon is active over Bangladesh and strong over North Bay.
The maximum temperature was recorded 39.1 degrees Celsius yesterday at Sayedpur in Rangpur while today’s minimum temperature 25.2 degrees Celsius at Sandwip in Chattogram division. The highest rainfall in the last 24 hours as of 6 am today was recorded 25 mm in Sylhet.
The sun sets at 6:47 pm today and rises at 5:23 am tomorrow in the capital.
- Most viewed
- 20 August Births
- 20 August Deaths
- Student, Trolled For Selling Fish, Donates Rs. 1.5 Lakh For Flood Aid
- Saudi feminists launch online radio
- Child passive smoking 'risk adult diseases'
- 16 nurses get pregnant at Arizona hospital
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today