This Vegetable Will Fix Everything Wrong In Your Body!
Published : 29 Dec 2016, 14:29
Beets are a healthy vegetable that is used against numerous diseases and conditions. It has a deep red color which comes from anthocyanins, special compounds that have powerful anti-cancer properties.
GREAT FOR THE HEART
Beets contain betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can keep your cardiovascular system healthy. The vegetable also contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B1, B2, B12 and C, as well as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iodine and iron, which is why it’s a great natural remedy against anemia.
Beets are often used to detox the body as they have the ability to extract toxins from the organism. They contain antioxidants as well, which are great detoxifiers, as well as cellulose and pectin, a special type of fiber which can improve digestion. Beets can also prevent liver disease, and are especially effective against fatty liver disease. The vegetable is useful to athletes as it improves the performance and endurance during exercise.
Beets stimulate the blood flow, regulate cholesterol and blood pressure and stimulate proper function of the liver. They can slow down the aging process and protect the blood vessels as well. They can be cooked, juiced and baked, but are most delicious when eaten raw. When preparing beets, don’t throw away the leaves – cook them instead as they contain a high level of potassium (644 mg. per ½ a cup). According to several studies, eating potassium-rich foods and avoiding sodium can reduce the risk of stroke by 21% besides reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Most viewed
- Woman commits suicide after killing daughter
- Ivy released from hospital
- 23 January Deaths
- 23 January Births
- 23 January Events
- PM releases stamp, first day cover on Int'l Customs Day
- 7 reasons you should use vegan products
- How to make someone fall in love with you: According to science
- Six reasons why you should wear sunglasses in the cold season
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- UN rapporteur determined to follow up thwarted mission
- British MPs approve landmark Brexit bill
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan