This Vegetable Will Fix Everything Wrong In Your Body!
Published : 29 Dec 2016, 14:29
Beets are a healthy vegetable that is used against numerous diseases and conditions. It has a deep red color which comes from anthocyanins, special compounds that have powerful anti-cancer properties.
GREAT FOR THE HEART
Beets contain betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can keep your cardiovascular system healthy. The vegetable also contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B1, B2, B12 and C, as well as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iodine and iron, which is why it’s a great natural remedy against anemia.
Beets are often used to detox the body as they have the ability to extract toxins from the organism. They contain antioxidants as well, which are great detoxifiers, as well as cellulose and pectin, a special type of fiber which can improve digestion. Beets can also prevent liver disease, and are especially effective against fatty liver disease. The vegetable is useful to athletes as it improves the performance and endurance during exercise.
Beets stimulate the blood flow, regulate cholesterol and blood pressure and stimulate proper function of the liver. They can slow down the aging process and protect the blood vessels as well. They can be cooked, juiced and baked, but are most delicious when eaten raw. When preparing beets, don’t throw away the leaves – cook them instead as they contain a high level of potassium (644 mg. per ½ a cup). According to several studies, eating potassium-rich foods and avoiding sodium can reduce the risk of stroke by 21% besides reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge