This Vegetable Will Fix Everything Wrong In Your Body!
Published : 29 Dec 2016, 14:29
Beets are a healthy vegetable that is used against numerous diseases and conditions. It has a deep red color which comes from anthocyanins, special compounds that have powerful anti-cancer properties.
GREAT FOR THE HEART
Beets contain betaine, a natural anti-inflammatory agent that can keep your cardiovascular system healthy. The vegetable also contains essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins B1, B2, B12 and C, as well as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, copper, iodine and iron, which is why it’s a great natural remedy against anemia.
Beets are often used to detox the body as they have the ability to extract toxins from the organism. They contain antioxidants as well, which are great detoxifiers, as well as cellulose and pectin, a special type of fiber which can improve digestion. Beets can also prevent liver disease, and are especially effective against fatty liver disease. The vegetable is useful to athletes as it improves the performance and endurance during exercise.
Beets stimulate the blood flow, regulate cholesterol and blood pressure and stimulate proper function of the liver. They can slow down the aging process and protect the blood vessels as well. They can be cooked, juiced and baked, but are most delicious when eaten raw. When preparing beets, don’t throw away the leaves – cook them instead as they contain a high level of potassium (644 mg. per ½ a cup). According to several studies, eating potassium-rich foods and avoiding sodium can reduce the risk of stroke by 21% besides reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu