World Health Day observed in Natore
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:32
The World Health Day-2017 was observed in the district today with the theme-"Depression. Let's talk".
To mark the day, the district health department arranged a colourful rally followed by a discussion meeting. The rally starting from Natore Sadar Hospital paraded the main street of the town.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Md. Azizul Islam presided over the post-rally discussion. Acting Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Muniruzzaman Bhuiyan addressed the discussion at Dr. Nurul Haque Auditorium of Sadar Hospital as chief guest.
President of Natore Press Club Jalal Uddin, resident medical officers of Sadar Hospital Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and Dr. Ratan Kumar Sarker also addressed the discussion, among others.
Addressing the occasion, the speakers said like other countries many people in Bangladesh are suffering from mental depression. Mental health care is equally important like physical health care. They put importance on physical and mental fitness of every citizen.
- Most viewed
- ‘Dangal’ fame actress Zaira molested on flight; man held
- Speaker for forging unity to uphold human rights
- PM leaves for Paris to attend 'One Planet Summit
- Muggers shoot woman in Tikatuli
- Virat, Anushka wed in Italy, begin new innings
- San Francisco native becomes city's 1st black woman mayor
- 11 December Events
- Egyptian singer jailed for eating a banana in music video
- Pedophile stopped at Sydney Airport by anti-sex tourism law