World Health Day observed in Natore
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:32
The World Health Day-2017 was observed in the district today with the theme-"Depression. Let's talk".
To mark the day, the district health department arranged a colourful rally followed by a discussion meeting. The rally starting from Natore Sadar Hospital paraded the main street of the town.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Md. Azizul Islam presided over the post-rally discussion. Acting Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Muniruzzaman Bhuiyan addressed the discussion at Dr. Nurul Haque Auditorium of Sadar Hospital as chief guest.
President of Natore Press Club Jalal Uddin, resident medical officers of Sadar Hospital Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and Dr. Ratan Kumar Sarker also addressed the discussion, among others.
Addressing the occasion, the speakers said like other countries many people in Bangladesh are suffering from mental depression. Mental health care is equally important like physical health care. They put importance on physical and mental fitness of every citizen.
- Most viewed
- Soha Ali Khan’s baby shower preparations are on in full swing
- Cheesy Potato Chips
- National Women's Chess begins Saturday
- NASA’s latest communications satellite arrives in orbit
- Facebook shuts down chat platform used to ‘harass’ employees
- Different brand choices can make dent in relationship
- Development works near Sundarbans jeopardise people’s lives: Sultana Kamal
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- 19 August Deaths
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Be a best friend to your teenage child
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- South Asia flood death toll climbs to 250
- 10-year-old rape victim gives birth in India
- Emma tops list of best paid actresses