World Health Day observed in Natore
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:32
The World Health Day-2017 was observed in the district today with the theme-"Depression. Let's talk".
To mark the day, the district health department arranged a colourful rally followed by a discussion meeting. The rally starting from Natore Sadar Hospital paraded the main street of the town.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Md. Azizul Islam presided over the post-rally discussion. Acting Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Muniruzzaman Bhuiyan addressed the discussion at Dr. Nurul Haque Auditorium of Sadar Hospital as chief guest.
President of Natore Press Club Jalal Uddin, resident medical officers of Sadar Hospital Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and Dr. Ratan Kumar Sarker also addressed the discussion, among others.
Addressing the occasion, the speakers said like other countries many people in Bangladesh are suffering from mental depression. Mental health care is equally important like physical health care. They put importance on physical and mental fitness of every citizen.
- Most viewed
- Concerted efforts needed for haor areas
- NASA's Next Generation Space Telescope Plan Takes a Pause
- Regular Walking Can Help Keep the Brain Sharp in Elderly
- Recipe of Nihari Gosht
- Should I choose family over my boyfriend?
- Peya pairs up with Soham
- PM urges judges, lawyers to be more humanitarian to litigants
- Woman shot by police in London anti-terror raid
- 28 April Deaths
- World Bank, Amundi launch $2 bn green bond fund
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- Shomi Kaiser to run for FBCCI director
- 26 April Deaths
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Sonam Kapoor gets trolled once again
- New Gene-Based Blood Tests Can Detect Skin Cancers
- US supercarrier to arrive in Sea of Japan in days: Pence
- Shraddha Kapoor gets fiercer with age in new stills from ‘Haseena’ biopic