World Health Day observed in Natore
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:32
The World Health Day-2017 was observed in the district today with the theme-"Depression. Let's talk".
To mark the day, the district health department arranged a colourful rally followed by a discussion meeting. The rally starting from Natore Sadar Hospital paraded the main street of the town.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Md. Azizul Islam presided over the post-rally discussion. Acting Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Muniruzzaman Bhuiyan addressed the discussion at Dr. Nurul Haque Auditorium of Sadar Hospital as chief guest.
President of Natore Press Club Jalal Uddin, resident medical officers of Sadar Hospital Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and Dr. Ratan Kumar Sarker also addressed the discussion, among others.
Addressing the occasion, the speakers said like other countries many people in Bangladesh are suffering from mental depression. Mental health care is equally important like physical health care. They put importance on physical and mental fitness of every citizen.
- Most viewed
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement