World Health Day observed in Natore
Published : 07 Apr 2017, 18:32
The World Health Day-2017 was observed in the district today with the theme-"Depression. Let's talk".
To mark the day, the district health department arranged a colourful rally followed by a discussion meeting. The rally starting from Natore Sadar Hospital paraded the main street of the town.
Civil Surgeon Dr. Md. Azizul Islam presided over the post-rally discussion. Acting Deputy Commissioner Muhammad Muniruzzaman Bhuiyan addressed the discussion at Dr. Nurul Haque Auditorium of Sadar Hospital as chief guest.
President of Natore Press Club Jalal Uddin, resident medical officers of Sadar Hospital Dr. Abul Kalam Azad and Dr. Ratan Kumar Sarker also addressed the discussion, among others.
Addressing the occasion, the speakers said like other countries many people in Bangladesh are suffering from mental depression. Mental health care is equally important like physical health care. They put importance on physical and mental fitness of every citizen.
- Most viewed
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Man gets death penalty for killing wife
- Rape accused killed in Cox’s Bazar gunfight
- 5-point proposal could resolve Rohingya crisis: PM
- 17 October Deaths
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Jolie, Paltrow were Weinstein’s victim, too
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- Why Sunny Leone comes to Bollywood from porn industry?
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade