21 areas in Dhaka city most risky for Chikungunya: report
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 21:40
A total of 23 areas in Dhaka city were identified as most risky for Chikungunya disease, according to a report revealed today.
Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) released the report at a meeting on "Doings for prevention of Chikungunya disease" in the Health and Family Welfare Ministry in the capital.
The risky areas are: Uttara-4, Uttara-9, Middle Badda, Gulshan-1, Lalmatia, Pallabi, Maghbazar, Malibagh, Rampura, Tejgaon, Banani, Nayatola, Kuril, Pirerbagh, Rayer Bazar, Shyamoli, Monipuripara, Mohammadpur, Mohakhali, Mirpur-1 and Korail Slum.
Health and Family Welfare Minister Mohammad Nasim presided over the meeting. Director General of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) Prof Dr Abul Kalam Azad and officials of the ministry, among others, were present at the meeting.
Health experts suggested destroying all potential mosquito breeding sources as the outbreak of Chikungunya disease in the capital has increased sharply this year.
They said a massive awareness campaign is needed to destroy the breeding sources of mosquito for stopping outbreak of Chikungunya disease.
Alongside eliminating the breeding sources of mosquito, people should be educated on the diseases as there is no special treatment of the disease, they added.
- Most viewed
- Provide stipends among poor students properly: PM
- One lakh Rohingyas to be shifted to Bhasanchar: PM Sheikh Hasina
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement