21 areas in Dhaka city most risky for Chikungunya: report
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 21:40
A total of 23 areas in Dhaka city were identified as most risky for Chikungunya disease, according to a report revealed today.
Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) released the report at a meeting on "Doings for prevention of Chikungunya disease" in the Health and Family Welfare Ministry in the capital.
The risky areas are: Uttara-4, Uttara-9, Middle Badda, Gulshan-1, Lalmatia, Pallabi, Maghbazar, Malibagh, Rampura, Tejgaon, Banani, Nayatola, Kuril, Pirerbagh, Rayer Bazar, Shyamoli, Monipuripara, Mohammadpur, Mohakhali, Mirpur-1 and Korail Slum.
Health and Family Welfare Minister Mohammad Nasim presided over the meeting. Director General of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) Prof Dr Abul Kalam Azad and officials of the ministry, among others, were present at the meeting.
Health experts suggested destroying all potential mosquito breeding sources as the outbreak of Chikungunya disease in the capital has increased sharply this year.
They said a massive awareness campaign is needed to destroy the breeding sources of mosquito for stopping outbreak of Chikungunya disease.
Alongside eliminating the breeding sources of mosquito, people should be educated on the diseases as there is no special treatment of the disease, they added.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Priyanka Chopra kicks off shooting for her second hollywood film
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists