21 areas in Dhaka city most risky for Chikungunya: report
Published : 08 Jun 2017, 21:40
A total of 23 areas in Dhaka city were identified as most risky for Chikungunya disease, according to a report revealed today.
Epidemiology, Disease Control and Research (IEDCR) released the report at a meeting on "Doings for prevention of Chikungunya disease" in the Health and Family Welfare Ministry in the capital.
The risky areas are: Uttara-4, Uttara-9, Middle Badda, Gulshan-1, Lalmatia, Pallabi, Maghbazar, Malibagh, Rampura, Tejgaon, Banani, Nayatola, Kuril, Pirerbagh, Rayer Bazar, Shyamoli, Monipuripara, Mohammadpur, Mohakhali, Mirpur-1 and Korail Slum.
Health and Family Welfare Minister Mohammad Nasim presided over the meeting. Director General of Directorate General of Health Service (DGHS) Prof Dr Abul Kalam Azad and officials of the ministry, among others, were present at the meeting.
Health experts suggested destroying all potential mosquito breeding sources as the outbreak of Chikungunya disease in the capital has increased sharply this year.
They said a massive awareness campaign is needed to destroy the breeding sources of mosquito for stopping outbreak of Chikungunya disease.
Alongside eliminating the breeding sources of mosquito, people should be educated on the diseases as there is no special treatment of the disease, they added.
- Most viewed
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Hair loss drug taken by Trump may cut prostate cancer risk
- Speaker for playing effective role in solving Rohingya crisis
- Teenage girl’s body exhumed for fresh autopsy in Panchagarh
- Dhaka 7th worst megacity for women: Poll
- Car bomb kills Maltese journalist who exposed Panama paper link
- Sharapova triumphs in Tianjin opener
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- Hormone therapy ‘safe’ for women with migraine?
- Samsung Electronics CEO resigns
- 15 October Events
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 15 October Deaths
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations