9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- How to have beautiful toned body
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- Priyanka at UN bats for girl empowerment
- Suu Kyi’s award suspended by UK union
- 4G service by December: Tarana
- Signal 3 to continue for maritime ports
- Schoolgirl foils forced marriage
- Mexico: Strong earthquake topples buildings, killing scores (Video)
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Priyanka meets Jordan's Queen Rania
- Public property plunderers must face legal actions: PM
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- 16 September Births