9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids including girls drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat [...]
- PM to be conferred with DLitt Degree at Kazi Nazrul University at Asansol
- Hasina-Mamata meeting in Kolkata today
- PM Sheikh Hasina visits Jorasanko Thakur Bari
- Hasina calls for int'l support for ''Rohingya Repatriation''
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- Abortion clinics to lose funding under new Trump rule