9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- Weekend special: Healthy Spring Rolls
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- No need to react to marriage rumours
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- Omarosa’s White House recordings fuel Trump woes
- 14 August Events
- 14 August Births
- Did you know Salman was the first choice to play Aishwarya’s brother in Josh?
- 9 August Events
- PM visits hospital to see Sechchasebak League leader and four injured students
- Love for ex boyfriend!
- Bangladeshi students encouraged to consider education in Australia
- My mother had capacity to take any decision: Prime Minister
- Govt working to strengthen democracy: Prime Minister
- 8 August Events
- Migrant boat sinks off Turkey killing 7 children, 2 women