9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters