9 children die of 'unknown disease' in Ctg
Published : 13 Jul 2017, 03:10
Nine children reportedly died of an unknown disease and 26 others fell ill in hilly Tripurapara of Situakunda in the last four days till Wednesday.
Four of them died on Wednesday in their respective houses, said Situakunda Upazila Health Officer Dr SM Nurul Karim Rashed.
The deceased are Kanai Tripura, 5, Fukhti Tripura, 6, Janaiya Tripura, 7, Romapati Tripura, 8, Takipati Tripura, 12, Kachham Roy Tripura, 10, Rupali Tripura, 3, Hridoy Tripura, 8, and Krishan Tripura, 2.
The other sick children were taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital for treatment.
Nurul Karim said the children who caught the disease, one kind of fever, fell unconscious while shaking and then died.
He, however, could not say what type of fever it is and why children are catching it.
“The reason behind the fever could be known after examining the patients,” said Civil Surgeon Azizur Rahman Siddique while visiting the area today.
Meanwhile, a team of the Health Ministry has left Dhaka to visit the area, Nurul Karim said.
Source: UNB & Samakal
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling