Vitamin A plus campaign Saturday
Published : 03 Aug 2017, 17:42
Around 2.25 crore children, aged between six months and five years, will be fed Vitamin A plus capsules under a national campaign on August 5.
State Minister for Health and Family Welfare Zahid Maleque came up with the announcement while talking to reporters at the secretariat on Thursday morning.
Children, aged between six and 11 months, will be given the blue-coloured high-powered Vitamin A capsules, while children, aged between 12 to 59 months, will receive the red-coloured ones.
The state minister said children will be fed the vitamin A capsule at some 120,000 permanent health centres and 20,000 mobile centres across the country.
The mobile centres will be set up at bus stands, railway stations, launch terminals, airports, ferry terminals, bridge toll centres and kheya ghats, and these will remain open from 8:00am to 4:00pm to make sure that all children are fed the capsules, he said.
“At least two well- trained volunteers will work at each centre to make the campaign a success,’’ he said adding that the rate of children’s night-blindness in the country has come down below one percent following the distribution of Vitamin A plus capsules regularly.
The junior minister said the children of remote and impassable areas will be given the capsules for additional four days from August 6-9 under special arrangements.
Maleque said Vitamin A increases the immunity of children and reduce the complications of diarrhoea and measles.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry