World Health Day today
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 15:29
The World Health Day is being observed in the country as elsewhere in the globe on Saturday.
The theme of this year’s day is: ‘Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere’.
This is a global health awareness day observed every year on April 7 under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO) marking its birthday.
In 1948, the WHO held the first world health assembly. The assembly decided to celebrate April 7 of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day.
The Health and Family Welfare Ministry, Directorate General of Health Services and different non-government organisations have taken elaborate programmes to observe the day.
The day’s programmes will be inaugurated at Osmani Memorial Auditorium at 10:30am.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina have issued separate messages on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- AL Anniversary: PM pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 23 June Births
- 23 June Deaths
- 23 June Events
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died