World Health Day today
Published : 07 Apr 2018, 15:29
The World Health Day is being observed in the country as elsewhere in the globe on Saturday.
The theme of this year’s day is: ‘Universal health coverage: everyone, everywhere’.
This is a global health awareness day observed every year on April 7 under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization (WHO) marking its birthday.
In 1948, the WHO held the first world health assembly. The assembly decided to celebrate April 7 of each year, with effect from 1950, as the World Health Day.
The Health and Family Welfare Ministry, Directorate General of Health Services and different non-government organisations have taken elaborate programmes to observe the day.
The day’s programmes will be inaugurated at Osmani Memorial Auditorium at 10:30am.
Meanwhile, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina have issued separate messages on the occasion.
- Most viewed
- 5 special Eid-ul-Adha Dishe for guest
- Mother, daughter found dead in Bogra
- Khaleda, Tarique directly involved in Aug 21 grenade attack: PM
- PM pays tribute to August 21 grenade attack victims
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Weinstein accuser Asia Argento paid teen who made sex assault claim
- Cabinet approves ‘Sarkari Chakori Ain, 2018’
- Girls' supremacy finally over
- Saff U-15 girls eye more glory in final today
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas are officially engaged
- The 18th Asian Games got off to a glorious start
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Huma Qureshi didn’t care about working with Khans
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’