Govt to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 war
Published : 21 Mar 2017, 02:25
The government has taken a project involving Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical places of the Liberation War aimed at letting the new generation know the glory and facts of the history of 1971 war.
"We have taken a project of Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 to imbue the new generation with the spirit of the Liberation War," Assistant Chief Md. Mominur Rahman of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs told BSS here today. The government will also set up Muktijuddha Smriti Jadughar (Liberation War Memorial Museum) at each of the 360 historical sites, he said.
A DPP (Development Project Proforma) has been sent to the Planning Commission one and a half month back for its approval which is now under process, he also said.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2019, he added.
The government has earlier built 65 Muktijuddha Smriti Stambho (Liberation War Memorial Monument) at 36 upazilas at different parts of the country.
- Most viewed
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Shweta Bachchan to make debut with father Amitabh
- 10 drug dealers killed in ‘gunfights’ across country
- 22 May Events
- 22 May Births
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement