Govt to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 war
Published : 21 Mar 2017, 02:25
The government has taken a project involving Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical places of the Liberation War aimed at letting the new generation know the glory and facts of the history of 1971 war.
"We have taken a project of Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 to imbue the new generation with the spirit of the Liberation War," Assistant Chief Md. Mominur Rahman of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs told BSS here today. The government will also set up Muktijuddha Smriti Jadughar (Liberation War Memorial Museum) at each of the 360 historical sites, he said.
A DPP (Development Project Proforma) has been sent to the Planning Commission one and a half month back for its approval which is now under process, he also said.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2019, he added.
The government has earlier built 65 Muktijuddha Smriti Stambho (Liberation War Memorial Monument) at 36 upazilas at different parts of the country.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry