Govt to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 war
Published : 21 Mar 2017, 02:25
The government has taken a project involving Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical places of the Liberation War aimed at letting the new generation know the glory and facts of the history of 1971 war.
"We have taken a project of Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 to imbue the new generation with the spirit of the Liberation War," Assistant Chief Md. Mominur Rahman of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs told BSS here today. The government will also set up Muktijuddha Smriti Jadughar (Liberation War Memorial Museum) at each of the 360 historical sites, he said.
A DPP (Development Project Proforma) has been sent to the Planning Commission one and a half month back for its approval which is now under process, he also said.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2019, he added.
The government has earlier built 65 Muktijuddha Smriti Stambho (Liberation War Memorial Monument) at 36 upazilas at different parts of the country.
- Most viewed
- Nusraat Faria goes bold on costume; sparks off protests on social media
- Melania Trump's pricey jacket draws attention in Sicily
- Raid at Savar ‘militant dens’: 7 grenades, 3 suicide vests found
- NASA’s Juno probe forces ‘rethink’ on Jupiter
- Nokia 9: Dual rear cameras leaked in new images, 8GB RAM, and more
- Oil prices rally after heavy sell-off
- Blast heard as cops resume operation at Savar ‘militant dens’
- Indian aid arrives as Sri Lanka monsoon toll hits 100
- Ramadan begins tomorrow
- Rumana Monzur graduates from law school
- Death toll in Manchester blast rises to 22
- 19 killed in terror blast at UK pop concert
- Crying toddler found drinking milk from dead mother (Heartbreaking video)
- 23 May Deaths
- 24 May Events
- Moulvibazar school students, guardians protest 'sexual harassment' by headmaster
- Indian acid-attack bride finds love from a wrong number
- Prime minister performs Umrah