Govt to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 war
Published : 21 Mar 2017, 02:25
The government has taken a project involving Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical places of the Liberation War aimed at letting the new generation know the glory and facts of the history of 1971 war.
"We have taken a project of Taka 182 crore to preserve 360 historical sites of 1971 to imbue the new generation with the spirit of the Liberation War," Assistant Chief Md. Mominur Rahman of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs told BSS here today. The government will also set up Muktijuddha Smriti Jadughar (Liberation War Memorial Museum) at each of the 360 historical sites, he said.
A DPP (Development Project Proforma) has been sent to the Planning Commission one and a half month back for its approval which is now under process, he also said.
The project is expected to be completed by June 2019, he added.
The government has earlier built 65 Muktijuddha Smriti Stambho (Liberation War Memorial Monument) at 36 upazilas at different parts of the country.
- Most viewed
- Road crash kills 16 garments workers in Rangpur
- 24 June Deaths
- 24 June Births
- 24 June Events
- ASI sued over rape in Chittagong
- Guides to pack jewellery while travelling
- New project launched to mitigate NY sound pollution
- Eurozone business activity slows: Markit survey
- Choi Soon-sil: South Korean ex-president's friend jailed
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- NASA tests flexible solar array on space station
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Van attack on London Muslims suggests new polarization
- 22 June Events
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears