Tips to choose perfect bridal wear
Published : 05 May 2016, 14:56
Every girl wants to look her best on her wedding day. So, it's only advisable that the attire is chosen after much thought. Be more experimental, try out different drapes, keep the lehenga embroidered heavily and go subtle on the choli for getting a royal look on your D-day, says an expert.
Designer Masumi Mewawalla from the Mumbai-based Pink Peacock Couture has shared some tips for choosing the perfect bridal wear:
* Be more experimental: Try out different drapes and patterns. Bridal wear not only has the lehenga-choli but the saris, jackets, gowns, draped gowns and ghaghras. You must surely experiment to find your correct look and correct fit to get the perfect look.
* Keep either the lehenga or choli little sober: In bridal clothing, keep the lehenga embroidered heavily and go subtle on the choli or the vice versa. Add a jacket choli on the top, and leave a nice silk lehenga below it.
* Opt for outfits which make you look more graceful: Go for comfortable fits and just not the the beautifying outfits. Having maximum comfort on your special day will help you move around and do things in a better manner.
* Do not forget the embroidery detailing in your outfits: Pick the most royal yet subtle embroidery. Go for zardosi, add some kaanch (glass) and resham (silk) in correct proportions and add some sequence for an extra oomph factor.
* Colours: The trendy colours are surely the blues, wines and purples. But still have a soft pick for the pink. Pastels are still a favourite for brides.
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room
- Merkel wants EU aid cut to Turkey for democratic backsliding
- No Rohingya woman safe as rapists run rampant : Experts
- Rohingya refugee children in Bangladesh in dire state: Unicef
- 20 October Deaths
- 20 October Births
- Safa takes a break from TV series
- 18 October Events
- Staying in shape may make you live longer
- Rivals accused in cases over attack on Sajeda’s motorcade
- 18 October Births
- Oscars board expels producer Harvey Weinstein from Academy amid sexual assault allegations
- Hillary slams Trump’s ‘dangerous’ war of words with North Korea
- 18 October Deaths
- France's Audrey Azoulay wins vote to be next UNESCO chief