Chicken Salad Recipe
Caribbean Chicken Salad
Published : 14 May 2016, 01:22
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup teriyaki marinade sauce
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
3/4 pound mixed salad greens
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
4 cups corn tortilla chips
Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads. Lay some of the grilled chicken strips on each salad. Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.
- Most viewed
- 20 March Deaths
- 20 March Births
- 20 March Events
- New diabetes drug may help obese to reduce weight
- Daryl Hannah debuts as director
- Bodies of 23 plane crash victims arrive in Dhaka
- Cabinet adopts obituary reference for Priyabhashini, plane crash victims
- Housewife found dead in Rajshahi
- Husband kills 16-year-old wife in City
- FBHRO starts its journey
- Govt declares mourning day today
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Schoolgirl stabbed in Chapainawabganj
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe