Chicken Salad Recipe
Caribbean Chicken Salad
Published : 14 May 2016, 01:22
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup teriyaki marinade sauce
2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
3/4 pound mixed salad greens
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
4 cups corn tortilla chips
Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
In a small bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro. Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
In a small bowl, mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Place chicken on the grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Arrange mixed salad greens on plates. Spoon some of the salsa over each salad, and sprinkle with 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into large chunks, and sprinkle over salads. Lay some of the grilled chicken strips on each salad. Finally, drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.
- Most viewed
- India invites self-financed engineering and pharmacy students from Bangladesh
- Schoolgirls deployed to collect toll for event
- Dial 109 to combat violence against women and children
- Fire at Bangladesh Bank building
- 'Not consulted by Centre on Teesta, state's interests come first'
- First child marriage under special provision of new law held in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh pitching for UN recognition of Mar 25
- Hawaii lawmaker resigns from Republican Party
- Mamata Banerjee rules out removing Bangabandhu's bust
- 20 March Deaths
- MA, MSS, MBA, MSc and M Mug exams postponed
- Guys stop doing this!
- Impulsive Facebook use cause brain imbalance
- Indonesia summons UK envoy over coral reef destruction
- PM advises children to take lessons of patriotism from early life
- 'Take vow to make developed Bangladesh'
- IS claims responsibility for Ashkona suicide blast
- PM pays homage to Bangabandhu