Lighten Up: Healthy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Published : 19 Oct 2016, 17:30
Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
Dash of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
2. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition facts per serving: 212 calories, 23g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fat (1g saturated), 0g fiber
Healthy Dipping Sauces
Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces.
1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard
1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream
1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo
Get healthy recipes for other comfort foods like mac n' cheese, brownies, pizza, and more here!
Healthy Cooking Tips
Trick Your Taste Buds
Honey and mustard pump up the flavor of these baked strips without adding fat, says Marisa Moore, RD, an American Dietetic Association spokesperson in Atlanta.
We used cornflakes instead of bread crumbs for a golden brown hue — no oil necessary. To prepare the flakes, put them in a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and oregano to the cornflake mixture for an Italian twist; try a pinch of chipotle chili powder for Mexican flair.
Whoa! Order chicken strips at a restaurant and you'll likely take in 600 calories and 36 fat grams, Moore says.
Some restaurants still fry in oils that contain artery-clogging trans fats — all the more reason to make your own "fried" chicken.
Source: Fitness magazine
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- Khaleda can’t run polls in present context: CEC
- Housewife hacked to death in Sylhet, 2 held
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- 'Suu Kyi could be guilty of crimes against humanity'
- Nation set to pay homage to language martyrs