Lighten Up: Healthy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Published : 19 Oct 2016, 17:30
Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
Dash of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
2. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition facts per serving: 212 calories, 23g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fat (1g saturated), 0g fiber
Healthy Dipping Sauces
Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces.
1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard
1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream
1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo
Get healthy recipes for other comfort foods like mac n' cheese, brownies, pizza, and more here!
Healthy Cooking Tips
Trick Your Taste Buds
Honey and mustard pump up the flavor of these baked strips without adding fat, says Marisa Moore, RD, an American Dietetic Association spokesperson in Atlanta.
We used cornflakes instead of bread crumbs for a golden brown hue — no oil necessary. To prepare the flakes, put them in a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and oregano to the cornflake mixture for an Italian twist; try a pinch of chipotle chili powder for Mexican flair.
Whoa! Order chicken strips at a restaurant and you'll likely take in 600 calories and 36 fat grams, Moore says.
Some restaurants still fry in oils that contain artery-clogging trans fats — all the more reason to make your own "fried" chicken.
Source: Fitness magazine
- Most viewed
- Five foods you should avoid eating on empty stomach
- Cranberries may help cut urinary tract infections
- The secret to a perfect dish
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, Prime Minister to IOM DG
- Malala, you inspire women like me: Priyanka Chopra
- The mysterious wife of 2 world presidents
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- 21 September Deaths
- 21 September Births
- Friend’s kidney helps Selena Gomez fight lupus
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- Woman dies for ‘medical negligence’ after childbirth
- Trump assures PM of all supports on Rohingya issue
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Schoolgirl hacked in Savar, stalker held
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- Preparation on to celebrate Durga puja
- PM flies to NY today to join UNGA