Lighten Up: Healthy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Published : 19 Oct 2016, 17:30
Crispy Chicken Fingers Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
2 cups cornflakes, finely crushed
Dash of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut chicken into 3-by-3/4-inch strips. In a shallow dish, combine egg, honey, and mustard. In another dish, stir together cornflake crumbs and pepper.
2. Dip chicken strips into the egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture to coat. Arrange chicken strips on an ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake about 12 minutes, or until outsides are golden and chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition facts per serving: 212 calories, 23g protein, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fat (1g saturated), 0g fiber
Healthy Dipping Sauces
Ditch the standard ranch dressing and stir up one of these low-cal sauces.
1/4 cup Dijon mustard + 1 teaspoon honey = Homemade Honey Mustard
1/4 cup ketchup + pinch chili powder = Kicked-Up Ketchup
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream + fresh lime + fresh cilantro = Zesty Sour Cream
1/2 cup low-fat mayo + 1 teaspoon dried dill + 1 teaspoon garlic powder = Spiced Mayo
Get healthy recipes for other comfort foods like mac n' cheese, brownies, pizza, and more here!
Healthy Cooking Tips
Trick Your Taste Buds
Honey and mustard pump up the flavor of these baked strips without adding fat, says Marisa Moore, RD, an American Dietetic Association spokesperson in Atlanta.
We used cornflakes instead of bread crumbs for a golden brown hue — no oil necessary. To prepare the flakes, put them in a ziptop bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Add 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and oregano to the cornflake mixture for an Italian twist; try a pinch of chipotle chili powder for Mexican flair.
Whoa! Order chicken strips at a restaurant and you'll likely take in 600 calories and 36 fat grams, Moore says.
Some restaurants still fry in oils that contain artery-clogging trans fats — all the more reason to make your own "fried" chicken.
Source: Fitness magazine
- Most viewed
- Show off your baby bump in trendy wears
- President, PM greet civil servants on Public Service Day
- Nothing speaks of love more than roses in June
- Sonam Kapoor's fashion label wins PETA award
- Grape compounds can kill colon cancer cells: Research
- Computer training expediting women empowerment
- May softens tone on Brexit
- PM hosts iftar for eminent personalities, poets, artists
- Holy Lailatul Qadr tonight
- Protect yourself from deadly brain tumours
- PM seeks Moroccan investment in economic zones
- Banani rape indictment hearing Jul 9
- 5 to die for killing housewife after rape in C’nawabganj
- Beyonce gives birth to twins
- Dhaka, Stockholm to fight terror together
- ‘No way out, pray our deaths are not painful.’- Engaged sister’s last words to brother
- Burn injured housewife dies after fight for life
- Folk queen Momtaz brings two new songs this Eid