Summer skin care tips you must follow this season
Published : 30 Mar 2017, 15:46
Every year, summers take a toll on the skin. The scorching heat, pollution, humidity, et al, wipes it off the natural glow, and sometimes, invites infections. To avoid all these hassles, and to keep your skin radiating like before, here are the eight easy-peasy tips you can follow this season.
1. Exfoliate your body
The ground rule of basic skincare is to exfoliate your skin. Your body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute of every day. If you don't get rid of them, they'll just set in on your skin making you look dull and dry. No matter how much lotion you use, you're never going to have glowing skin if you don't exfoliate.
Grab a body scrub and hit the shower. Gently rub your exfoliator in circular movements on your entire body from the shoulders down (you'll want a facial exfoliator for your face and neck) and rinse clean. Continue to do this 2-3 times a week for year-round beautiful skin.
2. Sunscreen is a must
Throw away last year's unused sunscreen for a new bottle. Sunscreens aren't meant to last forever, and seeing most people don't use as much as they should. Buy a new sunscreen that has UVA and UVB products and comes in SPF 30 and SPF 70.
You should be using a shot glass full for your body and a full teaspoon just on your face. Reapply it every 1-2 hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe sun fun.
3. Go for minimal make-up
During summers less make-up is best. Under the intolerant sun, natural looks are best. If you intend to use foundation then also apply face powder with SPF to avoid patchy skin.
To protect your lips always use a gloss or a lip balm with an SPF of 15 to make your lips fresher. Eye make is something which should be very much avoided in summers.
4. Make water your best friend
At least 8 glasses of water are needed. If possible, carry a water bottle with you and remember to drink at least once every 30 min. Water not only helps you feel fresh, but it also prevents dehydration and will help wash out a lot of toxins.
5. Hydrate your body with a lotion
Find a summery lotion that you won't forget to put on. It's time to pack away your thick winter body butters for more light summery lotions. You don't have time to wait for your lotion to sink in, so look for something light fast absorbing.
Gels and purees are perfect fast absorbers. Nothing spells summer more than a light refreshing fruity lotion. Make sure you apply right after you dry off from your shower. You need to seal in the moisture your body just soaked in.
Souece: The Times of India
- Most viewed
- JS speaker returns home from Australia
- Free Online Course Beginner’s Guide to Writing in English for University Study
- Global Youth Leaders Travel and Learning Camp 2017 in Singapore
- Fully Funded Master of Computer Science at Jinan University, China
- Master and PhD scholarship program in Science, Japan
- Chicken Irani
- How breathing exercises can help prevent high blood pressure
- Cultural personality Kazi Arif ‘clinically dead’
- Prehistoric human DNA found in caves without bones
- Cabinet Secy: PayPal to start soon
- David Cameron meets Sheikh Hasina
- 27 April Births
- 27 April Deaths
- PM opens Digital Island Moheshkhali
- No change in UK-Bangladesh ties for Brexit: Cameron
- PM asks all to promote Chittagong Port's goodwill
- Bappa Mazumder sings duet with Sona Mohapatra
- Make Your Own Mango Bubble Tea