Say goodbye to puffy face
Published : 31 Mar 2017, 13:44
If you notice your face bloating, then avoid caffeine and alcohol, apply a cold towel on the face and get eight hours of sleep, suggest experts.
Geeta Fazalbhoy, Dermatologist and Managing Director and Founder Member - Skin & You Clinic, and Vandana Punjabi, Consultant Dermatologist, Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, have a few useful tips:
* Facial bloating can be due to various causes like increased salt intake or product allergy. A balanced diet high on fruits and vegetables with normal salt consumption, less of pickles or processed packaged food is advised.
* You should also get your thyroid levels checked.
* Lack of water intake, especially in summer months, can lead to facial bloating. So will lack of sleep. So get eight hours of rest and avoid caffeine.
* You can also apply a cold towel on the face and eyes to decrease bloating. Apply cold calamine lotion on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash. You can use a natural face mask with fuller's earth or a rose water dipped cold cloth on the face.
* Alcohol affects almost every organ in the body, however the liver is the worst affected as this is where alcohol is processed. The blood vessels widen up when you take alcohol which leads to swelling, puffy appearance and redness of the face.
* Sodium is not only the salt or soya sauce that people consume. It includes other sources such as sausages, sauces, canned vegetables and processed and packed snack foods. Our body tries to retain water in order to dilute the excess of sodium in the body. Avoid processed or packed foods and try to be as natural as possible.
- Most viewed
- 'Sex and the City' star enters New York governor race
- Speaker off to Saudi to perform Umrah
- Zuckerberg apologises for Facebook data debacle
- People of Bangladesh can achieve anything
- Bangladesh set to celebrate LDC graduation eligibility
- 4 held over Garo woman, daughter murdered
- Gang-rape in microbus: Mastermind held in Manikganj
- PM honored at LDC graduation ceremony
- BD seeks UN support for its inclusive approach towards women dev
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Donald Trump Jr’s wife files for divorce
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry