Top tips for summer vacation trips
Published : 19 Apr 2017, 16:46
From packing summer friendly fabrics, to stocking up light snacks, there are many important things to keep in mind while planning a trip in summer, say experts.
Nivedita Dadu, dermatologist from Skinology Skin and Hair Clinic, and Anubha Singh, gynecologist and IVF expert from Shantah IVF Centre, list down some points.
* Go easy with clothing: If you are planning a vacation during the hot months, go easy with what you wear. Pack more of cottons such as comfy pants, loose tops and a light pair of shoes to combat the heat outside. Don't forget your sunglasses for eyes protection, always wear hat when stepping out in the morning and sun block your skin at any cost.
* Skip street food: Street food is always amazing but in summer, please skip the oily and fried items as it will lead to dehydration and gastroenteritis. Instead, try to munch on cool, watery foods like cucumber and watermelon through the day. These will help you stay hydrated too.
* Medicines are important too: Do not forget to carry some emergency medications like anti-emetics, anti-motility drugs and a few packets of oral rehydration powder. Also you can pack some acidity relief tablets for emergency.
* Cary your favourite pillow along with you to support your back if you are travelling by car, aircraft or bus.
* Take a break often. Do stop for restroom breaks, do light stretching in between so that you will not feel tired.
* If you are pregnant, it is important to keep yourself hydrated and carry some light foods with you to eat in between so that you and your baby inside will not feel hungry. Eat before you are hungry, and drink before you become thirsty.
*It is also important to talk to your gynecologist before you take a domestic or international trip to discuss safety factors for you and your baby.
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack