Sari styles to follow this season
Published : 10 May 2017, 18:33
Drape yourself in a cape sari or a colour pleated one to look your best, say experts.
Designer Sumona Parekh and Yashodhara Shroff, Director and Founder at Styletag.com, have listed a few sari trends that you can follow:
Cape sari: Capes can be sheer or opaque. Try all cape styles this season - cropped cape, jacket cape and floor touching cape.
Colour pleated sari: After last year's trend of a pallu in different colours, now the differently coloured pleats are in. The pleats are in contrasting colour to the rest of the sari, and the pallu may or may not be in another third colour.
Concept saris: They come pre-draped or are worn in a different way. The most common ones are dhoti saris. Pair sari with leggings, scarves and trousers.
Animal motifs: An interesting sari fashion trend catching up this year is animal motifs. Paisley patterns and floral tapestries are making a comeback.
Zip-up saris: The traditional drape has also taken up a ready-to-wear avatar. These zip-up saris are now becoming a rage among people who are not sari experts but still choose to don the traditional ensemble.
- Most viewed
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- 21 July Events
- 21 July Births
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- What you should know about Croatian President Kolinda Kitarovic
- Bangladesh emerge all-win champions in Women's WT20 Qualifiers
- France-Croatia to fight for World Cup 2018 title tonight
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling
- Putin, Macron, Kitarovic to watch World Cup final