Summer cool Thandai, Just Sip It!
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 18:24
A summery drink prepared from rich nuts and flavourful spices blended in healthy milk
Energise yourself with cool thandai in the scorching heat of summer.
The ingredients possess antioxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
They fight indigestion, loss of energy and infections like common cold.
Make this drink every weekend and maintain good health throughout summer season with its spices, dry fruits and every other ingredient that is required by your body for a good health.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Milk 6 glasses
Watermelon seeds 1/3 cup
Muskmelon seeds 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds 6 tbsp
Green cardamoms 6
Cashew nuts 20
Rose petals few (dried)
Fresh rose petals few
Fennel 2 tsp
Sugar 12 tbsp
Black peppercorns 12
Saffron few strands (soaked in hot milk for garnishing)
How to make Summer cool Thandai:
Soak almonds in water for three to four hours. Peel them and keep aside.
Soak watermelon seeds, muskmelon seeds, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, black peppercorns, cardamoms, fennel and dried rose petals together for three to four hours.
Put all the soaked ingredients, including almonds, in a food processor and grind well in a smooth paste by adding little milk or water.
Add milk and sugar in the paste and process again for few minutes.
Strain the milk and discard the residue.
Serve chilled by adding ice.
Garnish with saffron strands and fresh rose petals.
This perfect cold beverage for hot season is an impeccable blend of richness, balanced flavours and cooling effect.
- Most viewed
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- 17 January Events
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46