Summer cool Thandai, Just Sip It!
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 18:24
A summery drink prepared from rich nuts and flavourful spices blended in healthy milk
Energise yourself with cool thandai in the scorching heat of summer.
The ingredients possess antioxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
They fight indigestion, loss of energy and infections like common cold.
Make this drink every weekend and maintain good health throughout summer season with its spices, dry fruits and every other ingredient that is required by your body for a good health.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Milk 6 glasses
Watermelon seeds 1/3 cup
Muskmelon seeds 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds 6 tbsp
Green cardamoms 6
Cashew nuts 20
Rose petals few (dried)
Fresh rose petals few
Fennel 2 tsp
Sugar 12 tbsp
Black peppercorns 12
Saffron few strands (soaked in hot milk for garnishing)
How to make Summer cool Thandai:
Soak almonds in water for three to four hours. Peel them and keep aside.
Soak watermelon seeds, muskmelon seeds, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, black peppercorns, cardamoms, fennel and dried rose petals together for three to four hours.
Put all the soaked ingredients, including almonds, in a food processor and grind well in a smooth paste by adding little milk or water.
Add milk and sugar in the paste and process again for few minutes.
Strain the milk and discard the residue.
Serve chilled by adding ice.
Garnish with saffron strands and fresh rose petals.
This perfect cold beverage for hot season is an impeccable blend of richness, balanced flavours and cooling effect.
- Most viewed
- Nicotine vaping might not be as healthy was first thought
- The rise of the gourmet burger trend
- Celebrity chef brothers bring their signature cooking to the Mideast
- Action if mobile phone operators sell SIM cards to Rohingya refugees [...]
- Process for taking back some Rohingya refugees ‘anytime’: Suu Kyi
- World must join to stop Rohingya genocide: Shabana Azmi
- Couple Has Sex In Domino's Pizza, Then Justice Is Served (video)
- Kushtia BNP leader held for ‘rape attempt’
- PM rules out possibility of understanding with BNP
- ‘SDG Tracker’ & Publication on South South launched
- Woman burnt to death ‘by husband’ for failing to get MBBS seat
- PM reaffirms Bangladesh's commitment to end sexual abuse of peacekeepers
- PM calls for taking private sector on board for SDG financing
- Nawaz Sharif's wife wins Lahore by-poll
- 'Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights'
- How to have beautiful toned body
- Women empowerment must to achieve SDGs: PM
- Girl dies falling off easy bike