Summer cool Thandai, Just Sip It!
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 18:24
A summery drink prepared from rich nuts and flavourful spices blended in healthy milk
Energise yourself with cool thandai in the scorching heat of summer.
The ingredients possess antioxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
They fight indigestion, loss of energy and infections like common cold.
Make this drink every weekend and maintain good health throughout summer season with its spices, dry fruits and every other ingredient that is required by your body for a good health.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Milk 6 glasses
Watermelon seeds 1/3 cup
Muskmelon seeds 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds 6 tbsp
Green cardamoms 6
Cashew nuts 20
Rose petals few (dried)
Fresh rose petals few
Fennel 2 tsp
Sugar 12 tbsp
Black peppercorns 12
Saffron few strands (soaked in hot milk for garnishing)
How to make Summer cool Thandai:
Soak almonds in water for three to four hours. Peel them and keep aside.
Soak watermelon seeds, muskmelon seeds, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, black peppercorns, cardamoms, fennel and dried rose petals together for three to four hours.
Put all the soaked ingredients, including almonds, in a food processor and grind well in a smooth paste by adding little milk or water.
Add milk and sugar in the paste and process again for few minutes.
Strain the milk and discard the residue.
Serve chilled by adding ice.
Garnish with saffron strands and fresh rose petals.
This perfect cold beverage for hot season is an impeccable blend of richness, balanced flavours and cooling effect.
- Most viewed
- 'I was raped at 16 and I kept silent'
- Wife of Malaysia's ex-PM arrives for questions in 1MDB case
- PM invited to WEF annual meeting
- Judi Dench honoured at Spain film festival
- PM urges int’l community to ensure easy transfer of technology
- Prime Minister for upholding dignity of UN peacekeeping
- 26 September Births
- 26 September Events
- 26 September Deaths
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- FIFA to upgrade flights, raise prize money for Women's World Cup
- Bangladesh Asia’s 2nd most gender equal country: WEF
- PM not interested holding dialogue with BNP
- Over 300m children out of school globally: UNICEF
- PM to receive 2 awards for her leadership over Rohingya issue
- PM flies for New York to join 73rd UNGA
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Female RMG worker loses leg in Savar road crash