Summer cool Thandai, Just Sip It!
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 18:24
A summery drink prepared from rich nuts and flavourful spices blended in healthy milk
Energise yourself with cool thandai in the scorching heat of summer.
The ingredients possess antioxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
They fight indigestion, loss of energy and infections like common cold.
Make this drink every weekend and maintain good health throughout summer season with its spices, dry fruits and every other ingredient that is required by your body for a good health.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Milk 6 glasses
Watermelon seeds 1/3 cup
Muskmelon seeds 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds 6 tbsp
Green cardamoms 6
Cashew nuts 20
Rose petals few (dried)
Fresh rose petals few
Fennel 2 tsp
Sugar 12 tbsp
Black peppercorns 12
Saffron few strands (soaked in hot milk for garnishing)
How to make Summer cool Thandai:
Soak almonds in water for three to four hours. Peel them and keep aside.
Soak watermelon seeds, muskmelon seeds, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, black peppercorns, cardamoms, fennel and dried rose petals together for three to four hours.
Put all the soaked ingredients, including almonds, in a food processor and grind well in a smooth paste by adding little milk or water.
Add milk and sugar in the paste and process again for few minutes.
Strain the milk and discard the residue.
Serve chilled by adding ice.
Garnish with saffron strands and fresh rose petals.
This perfect cold beverage for hot season is an impeccable blend of richness, balanced flavours and cooling effect.
- Most viewed
- SC on Khaleda's bail in another Cumilla case Tuesday
- 25 June Births
- 25 June Deaths
- 25 June Events
- So, does Priyanka's mommy approve of rumoured boyfriend Nick
- Burgener wraps up visit to Myanmar; underlines accountability
- Hundreds of women march in Rio to demand legal abortion
- Blame to go to AL grassroots leaders if it fails to win next polls: PM
- Parted at US border by Trump policy, migrants seek their children
- Chicago lawyers walk in heels to end sexual assault
- AL announced a reception on July 21 for PM
- 68.5m people displaced worldwide: UN
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- ‘Amar Sonar Bangla’ now in Belarusian language
- Tonu Killing: CID to get suspects’ DNA reports next week
- WB should support national priority of a country, WB ED tells PM
- World's oldest Sumatran orangutan Puan died
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl