Summer cool Thandai, Just Sip It!
Published : 03 Jul 2017, 18:24
A summery drink prepared from rich nuts and flavourful spices blended in healthy milk
Energise yourself with cool thandai in the scorching heat of summer.
The ingredients possess antioxidants, anti-flatulence and cooling properties.
They fight indigestion, loss of energy and infections like common cold.
Make this drink every weekend and maintain good health throughout summer season with its spices, dry fruits and every other ingredient that is required by your body for a good health.
Serves: 8; Preparation time: 30 minutes
Milk 6 glasses
Watermelon seeds 1/3 cup
Muskmelon seeds 1/3 cup
Poppy seeds 6 tbsp
Green cardamoms 6
Cashew nuts 20
Rose petals few (dried)
Fresh rose petals few
Fennel 2 tsp
Sugar 12 tbsp
Black peppercorns 12
Saffron few strands (soaked in hot milk for garnishing)
How to make Summer cool Thandai:
Soak almonds in water for three to four hours. Peel them and keep aside.
Soak watermelon seeds, muskmelon seeds, poppy seeds, cashew nuts, black peppercorns, cardamoms, fennel and dried rose petals together for three to four hours.
Put all the soaked ingredients, including almonds, in a food processor and grind well in a smooth paste by adding little milk or water.
Add milk and sugar in the paste and process again for few minutes.
Strain the milk and discard the residue.
Serve chilled by adding ice.
Garnish with saffron strands and fresh rose petals.
This perfect cold beverage for hot season is an impeccable blend of richness, balanced flavours and cooling effect.
- Most viewed
- Katrina most popular actress outside India
- Zeenat Aman files rape case against a businessman
- High meat intake may up liver disease risk
- World Meteorological Day observed
- Player accuses Australia's AFL of sexism
- EU recalls Moscow envoy after blaming Russia over spy attack
- Pakistani woman lawmaker becomes opposition leader in Senate
- Playboy model apologises to Melania, says Trump tried to pay her after sex
- PM enjoys cultural show at Bangabandhu Stadium
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation
- Magura man ‘kills’ wife for dowry
- 17 March Deaths
- Lawyers file to prosecute Suu Kyi for crimes against humanity
- PM pays tribute to Bangabandhu on his birthday
- Spring cleaning for your home – literally!