Want to look taller? Here are some style tricks
Published : 08 Jul 2017, 15:39
Short in height? Wear flared jeans, deep V shaped necklines and long topcoats to appear taller, say experts.
Few tricks on how you can appear taller:
* Flared jeans: Flared jeans which are well fitted and have a long hemline will instantly make your legs look longer.
* Deep V-necks: Deep and elongated V neck dresses and tops will automatically shift the focus to your upper half of the body and will subtly take away the focus from your legs, adding glamour and style to your outfit.
* Maxi dresses: Maxi dresses are people's favourite and they look good on all body shapes and heights. Pairing up heels with your maxi dress is a win-win as it enhances your body shape and add a few inches at the same time.
* Low contrasting footwear: Shoes for the shorter men are critical as they can have a lengthening effect it has to be kept in mind that the shoes don't contrast too much with the trousers.
The low contrast will visually elongate the leg.
* Long topcoats: Topcoats that fall to the mid-thigh area helps to lengthen the torso and create height. Wool topcoats are great elements to help achieve this length. The key is to make sure that it doesn't contrast heavily with the rest of the outfit.
* Belts: Keep them slim. It's best if they are no thicker than 1.5 inches and shouldn't contrast too heavily with your outfit. Thin belts or no belts keep you looking long. Also, suspenders are a refreshing and great option to add to the vertical visual effect and they are extremely classy.
Source: Hindustan Times
- Most viewed
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- EU leader says current Iran nuclear deal should be kept
- Housewife ‘mistakenly’ shot dead in Feni
- PM Sheikh Hasina to leave Dhaka for Australia Thursday
- Indian court finds spiritual guru guilty of raping devotee
- Woman held with 9 lakh Indian rupees
- 25 April Deaths
- 25 April Births
- 25 April Events
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM returns home from London
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge