Sleeping late? Check your diet
Published : 26 Jul 2017, 18:11
Are you a night bird, or are you struggling to control your weight? Do you know that a late night sleep is linked to weight gain?
Early to bed and maintaining good sleep timings and duration are important for health. However, many suffer from sleeplessness or sleep late.
Well, if you are one of them, you may be habituated to consuming less vegetables and more fast food. which is adding to your weight. Researchers say that people with fast food habits or poor diet quality are often found sleeping late.
"Our results help us further understand how sleep timing in addition to duration may affect obesity risk... It is possible that poor dietary behaviors may predispose individuals with late sleep to increased risk of weight gain," said Kelly Glazer Baron from Northwestern University in the US.
Hence, if you suffer from sleep problem, it could be linked to your weight gain. So keep few simple things in mind that may help you.
Change your sedentary lifestyle and try to lose weight.
Indulge in regular physical activities. The easiest thing to do is walking. Walk and lose weight.
Check your food intake. Cut down on fast food.
Eat more fruits, salads and vegetables.
Avoid sweet fruit juices and drink more water or salted lemon drink.
Follow this simple basic health rule to start with, and have a good night sleep and stay trim and fit.
- Most viewed
- Foods to gear up your metabolism
- Katy Perry in 'tough conversations' with her record label
- Priyanka Chopra lets go of her diet on her vacation!
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- 17 January Deaths
- 17 January Births
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Mouth-related problems and their home remedies
- Here’s what’ll tickle your palette in 2018
- Angelina Jolie dating Cambodian rapper-filmmaker
- Brooke Shields to launch apparel, accessories line
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46