Weekend delight: Love-filled Golden Potlis
Published : 29 Jul 2017, 17:28
Whether it’s a weekend or a festival, toast your special joyous or tranquil moments with this love-filled delightful snack.
Everyday is a new day to celebrate, and Golden Potlis is a perfect snack to celebrate the day. Whether it’s a weekend or a festival, toast your special joyous or tranquil moments with this love-filled delightful snack.
Serves: 3 (around 15 pieces), preparation time: 20-25 minutes, cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients:for the dough
Maida 1 cup, Semolina ½ cup, Soda-bicarb a pinch, Salt ½ tsp, Oil 1 tbsp, Oil for frying
Potatoes 2 (large, boiled and roughly mashed)
Carrots 2 (large, grated)
Peanuts 2 tbsp (roasted and roughly crushed)
Soya sauce 1 tsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Garlic 1 tsp (chopped), Green chilli 1 (chopped), Coriander leaves 1 tsp (chopped), Peppercorn ½ tsp
Mix all ingredients of dough and make a stiff dough like that for poories, adding water.
For the filling, heat one tablespoon of oil. Add crushed garlic, green chilli, coriander leaves and peppercorn. Saute for a minute.
Add carrots and cook for five minutes stirring it frequently.
Add mashed potatoes, salt, sugar and soya sauce. Cook for another five minutes on low flame.
Add crushed peanuts. Mix well. Remove from fire and keep aside to cool.
Make small balls out of dough and roll them into a diameter of 3’’ with the help of rolling pin.
Put a teaspoon of filling in the centre.
Lift the edges folding them into pleats.
Collect the pleats altogether and press tight at the neck to form a money pouch or potli.
Tie the neck with a thin blade of lemon grass.
Deep fry to golden brown colour.
Serve hot with tomato ketchup and mayonnaise.
Don’t forget to greet your guests with these amazing titbits. This recipe takes a bit of preparation but it is so worth it!
- Most viewed
- Vegetable egg ‘bhurji’
- More pregnant women are having heart attacks
- Be a host to provide Non-Alcoholic summer drinks
- Girl gang raped in Narayanganj
- Work for people, Prime Minister to officials
- HC orders Cumilla court to dispose of Khaleda’s bail plea by July 26
- Shooter dead after killing one woman and injuring 13 others in Canada
- 9 people shot in Canada, shooter dead: police
- 23 July Events
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- Russian woman charged with spying in US
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- Quota movement is discreet campaign against FFs children
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- PM Sheikh Hasina opens G2P system for freedom fighters