Driving may harm your heart!
Published : 03 Aug 2017, 17:31
Do you know that regular driving can lead to weight and heart problems?
Do you drive your way to work regularly? Are you spending most of the time driving around town? Beware, driving around too much may damage your body and heart!
Too much time spent sitting in your vehicle and making your way around can add to your body weight, back problem and even lead to cardiovascular problems. A study by scientists of the Institute of Health and Ageing in Australia found that people who spend even an hour in the day driving are heavier compared to those who spend less time driving their cars.
The study also states that people who drive more hours are more likely to develop heart problems. The researchers studied the socio-economic and driving habits of over 2,000 adult Australians in the age group of 34-65 years.
Hence, you must take care to control your weight and heart if you are driving daily.
Cut down your driving time. Avoid short-distance travelling or commuting by car. Walk where you can.
Take time to take a brisk walk or indulge in any activities that involves a lot of physical movement daily. Fix a regular time in the morning or evening for a walk or other fitness regimen.
Watch what you eat. Have a nutritious plan-diet that can reduce bad cholesterol level.
Know the different types of food good for the heart. Some foods good for the heart are dry fruits such as almonds and walnuts, fish with high omega 3cs, oatmeal, berries, fruits such as oranges and papaya, flex-seed and green veggies among others.
- Most viewed
- Eat right and stay youthful
- Feeling bad without your phone?
- Papaya: Top five health and beauty benefits
- Modelling groomed me for acting: Kriti Sanon
- The mystical scent of a woman
- Beware of processed food!
- Narayanganj 7-murder cases: High Court upholds death penalty for 15
- Indian court rules against instant divorce
- Weekend delight: Unwind with Minty Mushroom Croquettes
- Priyanka Chopra told ‘not to return India’
- Case filed over Pallabi student rape
- 19 August Births
- 2 girls return after languishing in Indian jail
- Teacher arrested for ‘raping Pallabi schoolgirl’
- 19 August Events
- Easy ways to stop sneezing
- Prospect of progress must not be ruined: PM
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom