Beauty, health benefits of neem
Published : 23 Aug 2017, 17:16
Utilise neem leaves that are found in abundance for good health and beauty.
Neem tree, also known as Azadirachta indica tree, is found in most parts of India. It grows well in sunny places. A traditional herb, the leaves and flowers are commonly used in India as it has several households, beauty and health benefits.
Neem leaves have antibacterial and many medicinal properties. Hence, the leaves are used to treat several ailments such as skin infections, stomach infections, cough and cold and fever.
Neem leaves have properties and chemicals that lower blood sugar. Hence, they are used to treat diabetic problems.
Neem leaves are often boiled and the solution used to wash the face to get rid of all types of blemishes on the face and other skin problem.
Regular use of neem oil helps to get rid of pimples and acne, leaving the skin flawless and radiant.
Owing to its anti-fungal and antibacterial properties, neem leaves are used as an insecticide and pest repellent. The leaves keep all types of insects and pests away. Hence, it is used to store things, even clothes safely. Neem leaves are also used as mosquito repellent.
Apart from the leaves, the bark, flowers, seeds and roots of the Neem tree are also said to have medicinal properties and are commonly used to treat even severe illnesses such as stomach ulcers, vision problem and leprosy.
- Most viewed
- Militants kill mother-daughter polio workers in Pakistan
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern may be first leader to give birth while in office
- Magura teenage girl ‘kills self’ for smartphone
- 19 January Deaths
- 19 January Births
- 19 January Events
- Must-take fitness resolutions for the Year 2018
- Deepika becomes a cop for a commercial
- Dhaka wants peaceful solution to Rohingya crisis: Sheikh Hasina
- 'Govt will move ahead evaluating past'
- Suu Kyi says Rohingya mass grave investigation positive step
- Tarana for women’s equal participation in filmmaking
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Sri Lanka lifts 38-yr ban on women buying, selling alcohol
- Pranab Mukherjee meets Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina