Sunny benefits of sunflower seeds
Published : 19 Sep 2017, 16:19
You could be walking in the fields of gold if you are passing through the vast expanse of sunflowers in full bloom under the clear and bright summer sky.
The captivating view of the rich and resplendent sunflower fields makes for an unforgettable midsummer dream. It is all golden yellow. As sunny as it looks, you can feast on sunflower seeds and enjoy a sunny day.
Sunflowers are big sunny flowers. Although they are garden blooms, the plant is cultivated in large scale for its seeds and oil extracts. The big sunny bloom holds hundreds of seeds and these small wonder is packed with nutrients.
This yellow bloom loves the sun and grows well in sunny climate. No matter where you plant them, the big yellow flower always faces the sun, which is why it is called the sunflower.
Although this oilseed plant is said to have originated in Mexico, it is common in India. Its seeds and oil used in cooking food.
Rich in Vitamin-B Complex, thiamine and niacine, sunflowers seed kernels are packed with many health benefits. Know how you can benefit from the seeds of sunflowers.
How can you benefit from sunflower seeds?
The high iron content in the kernel of the seeds helps to prevent and treat anaemia.
An excellent source of protein, fat and other nutrients, sunflower seed kernels treat fatique and listlessness.
Controls cholesterol level
Regular intake of the oilseeds can keep a check on cholesterol level as it contains linoleic acid which reduces cholesterol deposits on the walls of arteries.
Improves skin condition
Sunflower seeds are a rich source of thiamine and niacine. Daily intake of the skin can make your skin glow, strengthen the nerves and brain.
Treats cold and cough
A glass of warm milk with crushed seeds added to it helps to treat common cold, flu, bronchitis and other respiratory diseases.
Balances nutrients in food
Rich in potassium and magnesium, it helps to maintain sodium and calcium in the diet and protects nervous tissues and the heart muscles.
Sparkle and shine with sunflower seeds. Add the seed kernels in your daily diet for a sunny day every day.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit