Help your child
Published : 26 Sep 2017, 16:15
In this new world driven by advanced technology and gadgets, parents today face a new challenge of keeping their child away from getting addicted to gadgets or stopping their addiction to gadgets.
When you leave your child behind with gadgets to hold on to, you are only complicating your life and that of your child by making him or her addicted to gadgets.
The challenge is how to stop your child’s addiction to gadgets.
Think about your childhood days when there were no hi-tech gadgets. Reverse the time again.
Give your time to your kids. Spent quality time with them and make them feel special.
Let them know how much you love and care for them, how best you want for them.
Let them know they deserve special and quality time with their parents and family at home or out.
The new generation children accept positive change in their lives more easily. So, give a try.
It’s only you, who can develop virtuous interests in the child.
Set a suitable routine for your children. Wake them up an hour before their school time. Send them with a good mood and a positive note.
Once they are back from school, talk to them and ask them about their day, what they did in school, their lessons, friends, and teachers. Make their lunch time a relaxing one.
Remember, no matter how fond they are of gadgets, they can never replace you. Give them a half hour break to do anything before they sit to study. Keep a check of their time, especially during exam time.
Set a homework-friendly environment. Don’t make them dependent on you while doing assignments. Help them by directions and suggestions.
Praise their efforts. After study time, encourage them to play out. Help them to make friends.
Physical activities such as cycling, playing cricket, badminton, swimming or running help your kids de-stress themselves in a healthy manner.
Give them some healthy snacks after they return from play. Then they can do some revision work or read some good books of their taste.
The family time on the dinner table should be completely diversion free from any gadget. It can act as a great bonding time. Serve a meal that is nutritious but does not seem boring. Never force him to finish everything on their plate.
Talk to them. Let them share their wishes, future plans and excursion ideas, etc, to make it an enjoyable time.
Make them sit them for few minutes in their bed before they sleep. Chat with them or tell them a bedtime story. You may also share your experiences with them.
Taking interest in your child’s activities will help them achieve greater heights of success. Brighten his future with healthy nurturing in early years.
These efforts will strengthen your relationship with your child and keep him away from addictive gadgets.
- Most viewed
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- 21 April Events
- 21 April Births
- 21 April Deaths
- Delicious ways to eat mangoes this season
- Deepika in Time 100 Influential People of 2018 list
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims