Why you should have chicory tea
Published : 12 Oct 2017, 17:44
Have a good cup of chicory tea and experience its top five health benefits.
What did your dietitian say about chicory? Have you ever tried chicory tea? If you haven’t, maybe you should. Dark and menacing, chicory tea taste as good as coffee. It is popularly used as a coffee substitute as it is caffeine free.
If you are suffering from chronic liver problem and struggling to deal with other health problems, try a little drink made of chicory root extracts and see the result.
Chicory root extracts, according to science, has many health benefits as it is prebiotic in nature and protects the digestive system. It has anti-fungal, antioxidant and anti-cancer properties.
Benefits of chicory root tea
1. Protects the liver
Regular intake of chicory tea protects the liver and can treat chronic liver problem. Rich in natural antioxidants, it strengthens the body’s defense system. Chicory extracts prevent damage to the cells and helps in flushing out toxic matters from the liver.
2. Rejuvenates the body
Drinking chicory tea is a good way to de-stress. It helps to reduce stress and relaxes the muscles and body. It is caffeine free, hence makes a good substitute for coffee.
3. Treats inflammation
As chicory root extracts contain anti-inflammatory properties, chicory root soup helps to treat inflammation and keep many common diseases at bay.
4. Aids in digestion and treats constipation
The prebiotic fibre in chicory root helps to fight gut bacteria and protects the digestive system. The inulin in chicory root also promotes the growth of helpful probiotics in the digestive system. Owing to its rich fibre or inulin content, it helps in healthy bowel movement and treats constipation.
5. Prevents diabetes
A study published in the Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine states that drinking chicory root soup regularly can help delay or prevent diabetes. This is because chicory extracts can help improve the level of protein that regulates glucose levels and breaks down fatty acids. Chicory root is roasted and the extracts used to make soup or drink. Drink it hot and enjoy its healthy taste and flavour.
- Most viewed
- Committee formed to implement 9th wage board for journos: Tarana
- Strong Coast Guard important for world maritime security: US
- PM urges developed countries to stand beside Bangladesh
- Canadian police say attack on girl who claimed a man cut her hijab ‘did not happen’
- ‘Zombie’ singer Dolores O’Riordan dies at 46
- Singer Shammi Akhtar passes away
- Indian girl dies after gang rapists rupture her lungs
- Do you check social media accounts of former partners? Beware, you may be micro-cheating
- You may be getting the portion sizes wrong