Get rid of dandruff with home remedies
Published : 07 Nov 2017, 18:48
This winter, Care for your scalp. Use some effective home remedies and stay dandruff free.
Dry skin and scalp condition can cause dandruff problem for both men and women, especially during the cold and dry season. Dandruff occurs due to seborrheic dermatitis that is isolated to the scalp. If your shampoo is not helping, use home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
Follow this easy home remedies to get rid of dandruff
Aloe vera care: Remove fresh gel from aloe vera leaf. Rub it on the scalp. Let it stand for half an hour. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Honey tips: Make a paste of two garlic cloves with little honey. Apply the mixture on the scalp. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Use a mild shampoo to wash off.
Coconut care: Massage the scalp with warm coconut oil. Leave it on for an hour before shampooing.
Fenugreek remedy: Soak two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in one cup of water overnight. Make a fine paste. Add two tablespoons of yogurt. Massage the scalp with this mixture and leave it on for two to three hours. Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Salt solution: Salt acts as a good scrubber for dry skin. Rub your scalp with it. The dandruff flakes will be cleansed away after shampooing.
Baking Soda: Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with half cup of apple cider vinegar. Apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse with normal water.
Tea tree: Warm tea tree oil mildly. Give a massage to your scalp. Wear a shower cap. Leave it on overnight. Wash with a mild shampoo.
Lemon care: Massage your scalp with lemon juice. Leave it on for a few minutes to get absorbed. Rinse with water. If you are using shampoo, then mix one teaspoon of lemon juice with one cup of water and rinse off your hair after shampooing.
Cinnamon sticks: Boil five to six cinnamon sticks in one cup of water till it remains half in quantity. Apply this water in your scalp. Leave it on for an hour and rinse it off with water.
Sun care: Follow these remedies twice or thrice a week. Besides these cures, expose your scalp to sun more often but moderately. The ultra violet rays may help reduce the flakes. Increased exposure may be harmful to skin. So don’t stay out for too long.
Avoid processed food: Eat whole grains, nuts, avocados, bananas, vegetables, eggs, olives and other nutrient rich foods. Keep yourself away from using hair styling products such as styling mousses, gels and hair sprays.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling