This winter, keep your hands soft and lovely
Published : 10 Nov 2017, 18:21
Don’t neglect your hands. Treat them with care, apply some simple tips and keep them beautiful.
This winter, take proper care of your hands. Do not let the dry weather or the freezing cold water make your hands dry and age. Apply some simple and easy beauty tips to make them look soft, supple and lovely.
Here are some easy tips to keep your hands soft and lovely
Moisturise your hands at least four times a day
Always have a moisturiser handy so that you can moisturise your hands after every wash. Coconut oil is the best moisturiser, as it is absorbed by the skin easily without leaving a greasy effect. Also it has a unique combination of fatty acids which repair your hands magically.
Wear cotton-lined hand gloves while doing household chores
Harsh chemicals from soap, detergents and hot water make your skin dry and cracked. Wear gloves whenever you work with water and chemicals to protect your hands and keep them soft.
Apply sunscreen lotion on your hands when you step out
When exposed to sun, your hands develop sun spots very quickly. As you grow older, these spots become darker. To avoid this, use a good sunscreen on your hands.
Avoid use of hot-air dryers
These dryers make your skin dry, sucking away its oil. Never use them and protect your hands from damage. Simply pat dry your hands with a handkerchief or towel and apply moisturiser on them.
Use a humidifier
Humidifiers help the skin to retain moisturiser and hence protect them from drying. Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night and protect your hands.
Wear gloves to bed
If your hands are damaged, they need extra deep care. Apply jojoba oil on your hands and massage them for five minutes. Wear gloves overnight and sleep. You will find your hands healing very fast.
Exfoliate to remove dead skin
If you want to get rid of dry and dull skin, exfoliate them thrice a week with a good facial scrub. You can also do this with a homemade scrub. Take one tablespoon of sugar in your hands. Add few drops of olive oil in it and rub both sides of your hands with this natural scrub.
Apply some home-made packs on your hands once a week
These home-made packs are very beneficial to beautify hands and protect them from wrinkles. A few packs are mentioned here. Apply egg white on your hands and rinse off after 10-15 minutes. The second pack you can make by squeezing grated cucumber and adding a little glycerin and rose water in it. Mix them well and apply it on your hands. Wash off after 15 minutes.
Don’t neglect your hands. Treat them with care and keep them beautiful.
- Most viewed
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara in city
- Housewife gang-raped in Chattogram
- 22 July Events
- 22 July Births
- 22 July Deaths
- Want to work for people until death: Prime Minister
- Rabindra-Nazrul Jayanti celebrated in London
- People stream to Suhrawardy Udyan for Hasina's reception
- Temperature may fall by (1-2)°C over country
- ‘We’re on top of the world anyways’: Croatia’s president
- Use jute bags, break up with plastics: Prime Minister
- AL to hold mass reception to Prime Minister today
- France crowned World Cup 2018 champions after beating Croatia
- Bangladeshi Sharmin wins Commonwealth recognition
- British PM’s trade envoy Rushanara due today
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- World Cup Pussy Riot pitch intruders jailed for 15 days
- 'I had to make my kidnapper fall in love with me': Chloe Ayling