Food that can save your children from smog
Published : 11 Nov 2017, 15:34
Providing the right food to children can help them stay strong against seasonal sicknesses brought about by the changing weather.
As the weather changes, children are the worst affected. And now, doctors in Delhi have declared pollution emergency in the city as heavy fog and smog blanket the city and schools are shut. Hence, it is important for parents to know about food that can save children from air pollution.
Providing the right food to children can help them stay strong and healthy against seasonal sicknesses brought about by the changing weather. So, make your children eat food that will keep them physically fit and their immune system strong for protection against all kinds of sickness the cold weather may bring.
These food can help protect your children from the problems of changing weather
Clean water: Make the children drink plenty of clean water. Instill in them the habit of drinking at least a glass of plain water first thing in the morning. A well-hydrated body is imperative to keep the body healthy all the time.
Vitamin rich food: Include food that are rich in vitamins, fibre and protein in their daily diet, especially in their breakfast. It is important to make them have wholegrain cereals, pulses and eggs
Garlic and turmeric: Add food ingredients that are rich in antioxidants in their daily diet such as garlic, turmeric, cloves, cinnamon and ginger to strengthen their immune system and keep them safe from viral diseases.
Soups and juice: Make them drink all types of fruit juice, soups, milk and herbal tea at least once daily to boost their growth and energy level.
Nuts and fruits: Make them eat nuts and plenty of fresh fruits and healthy salad. But make sure the raw food are washed properly before consuming.
Personal hygiene: Also, make sure they maintain personal hygiene to stay protected from infectious diseases.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail