Plus-size model wins her first lingerie campaign
Published : 20 Nov 2017, 17:03
Ashley Graham has been leading a size revolution in the fashion industry for some time now. Not only is she responsible for representing average-sized women on Vogue covers, billboards and catwalks, but she’s also held the door for other aspiring models.
Take Ashley Alexiss, for example. She’s being hailed the new Ashley Graham and she’s just landed her first major lingerie campaign for Lovehoney, reports the Metro.
A size 16, Ashley has previously starred for various magazine shoots for Elle, Maxim and Playboy but never a mainstream advertising campaign for an international brand.
The range has been designed by form La Perla designer Heather Mercer and comes in sizes 8-24. Ashley says the collection has been created to increase body confidence.
‘Every single piece just made me feel so confident. It was great to finally wear something that fit my curves and accentuated them to really make me feel my sexiest,’ she says. ‘Women will be able to look at themselves in the mirror and think ‘Damn – I’m hot!’ She says that she was bullied when she was growing up and is still made fun of today, but she’s finally learnt to love her body.
‘I’m not going to waste (my life) by being miserable because I’m not society’s definition of the perfect body. The important thing is that I’m my own definition, and that’s enough for me.’
Lovehoney’s co-founder Richard Longhurst says: ‘We love Ashley’s advocacy of body confidence and body positivity, which we know our customers are passionate about too.
‘We are delighted to have Ashley on board as our ambassador for Lovehoney Lingerie. We love her advocacy towards body confidence and body positivity, which we know our customers are passionate about too.
‘She looks amazing in our Christmas collection and we hope our customers will feel as amazing as Ashley did.’
Source: the metro
- Most viewed
- PM opens BNA Bangabandhu Complex in Chittagong
- Fake profiles boosted Brazilian ex-president Dilma
- Prime minister visits Chittagong today
- Myanmar president, close Suu Kyi friend, says he's retiring
- 21 March Deaths
- 21 March Births
- 21 March Events
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Jacqueline Fernandez gets into Madhuri Dixit mode
- First injured Bangladeshi victim of Nepal plane crash brought to Dhaka
- Bangabandhu's 99th birthday being celebrated
- Tasmania elects majority of women in Australia state first
- Checking early marriage to protect kids from malnutrition: Dr Shirin
- Barbecued Lamb with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 plane crash victims to be brought to Dhaka soon
- Govt efforts helped BD attain criteria to graduate from LDC: PM
- Bangladesh eligible for LDC graduation