Plus-size model wins her first lingerie campaign
Published : 20 Nov 2017, 17:03
Ashley Graham has been leading a size revolution in the fashion industry for some time now. Not only is she responsible for representing average-sized women on Vogue covers, billboards and catwalks, but she’s also held the door for other aspiring models.
Take Ashley Alexiss, for example. She’s being hailed the new Ashley Graham and she’s just landed her first major lingerie campaign for Lovehoney, reports the Metro.
A size 16, Ashley has previously starred for various magazine shoots for Elle, Maxim and Playboy but never a mainstream advertising campaign for an international brand.
The range has been designed by form La Perla designer Heather Mercer and comes in sizes 8-24. Ashley says the collection has been created to increase body confidence.
‘Every single piece just made me feel so confident. It was great to finally wear something that fit my curves and accentuated them to really make me feel my sexiest,’ she says. ‘Women will be able to look at themselves in the mirror and think ‘Damn – I’m hot!’ She says that she was bullied when she was growing up and is still made fun of today, but she’s finally learnt to love her body.
‘I’m not going to waste (my life) by being miserable because I’m not society’s definition of the perfect body. The important thing is that I’m my own definition, and that’s enough for me.’
Lovehoney’s co-founder Richard Longhurst says: ‘We love Ashley’s advocacy of body confidence and body positivity, which we know our customers are passionate about too.
‘We are delighted to have Ashley on board as our ambassador for Lovehoney Lingerie. We love her advocacy towards body confidence and body positivity, which we know our customers are passionate about too.
‘She looks amazing in our Christmas collection and we hope our customers will feel as amazing as Ashley did.’
Source: the metro
- Most viewed
- PM urges journalists to use professional scope for people’s welfare
- Facebook accused of hiding job ads from women
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- 19 September Events
- 19 September Births
- 19 September Deaths
- Newspaper is mirror of society: PM
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit
- 14 September Births
- Dhaka University admission tests begin today
- 6 female activists of Jamaat held in Bogura
- 14 September Events
- 14 September Deaths
- Instagram rolls out new feature to help users with drug issues
- Women should be proud of their beauty: Jhanvi Kapoor
- Halle Berry to make directorial debut with bruised
- Choose natural plants to connect you to your interiors