Silver jewellery: Why to choose it over gold
Published : 28 Nov 2017, 15:29
Silver jewellery is more affordable and also, gold jewellery designs can be replicated easily in silver.
It’s more affordable, need not be stored away in a locker and adds a lot of style — these are some of the reasons why you could go for silver rather than gold jewellery, say experts.
On silver jewellery being preferred over gold, lifestyle experts explain why:
* Silver jewellery is more affordable and also, gold jewellery designs can be replicated easily in silver. Customers are moving towards silver jewellery as it has loads of interesting designs and is great to complement your outfit for day to day wear.
* Of late, there has been an invasion of silver and gold combined jewellery on different fashion stores on the internet. Earlier, it was restricted to wearing gold and silver on the same look, but now it’s a prevailing trend. You will see celebrities adopting this stye of jewellery as well.
* Customer’s interest is shifting towards tribal ethnic and offbeat jewellery designs. Tribal jewellery — ranging from pendant necklaces, jhumkas and statement rings that tell a story — is a big trend in this season.
* Silver can be encrusted with any stone easily as opposed to gold.
* Unlike gold, it can be safely kept at home rather than keeping in lockers.
* Adopting silver jewellery for various occasions can elevate your look instantly. For your traditional outings, you can opt for oxidised silver jewellery and look stunning. Silver jhumkas, tribal necklaces will give you an edge in style.
For classy and elegant evenings, opt for silver dainty jewellery pieces which includes silver studs or drop earrings. You can also opt for thin delicate bracelets to look gorgeous.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail