Foods with multiple benefits
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 18:21
What you eat can be as important and helpful as the serums and creams you apply on your skin.
There are foods. Then there are super foods. And then there are some that overpower these two categories. We call them magical foods- the ones that you can both eat and apply on your skin. Yes, that’s true! These food items not only help you maintain a healthy weight but also let you flaunt a smooth and healthy skin.
In fact, what you eat can be as important and helpful as the serums and creams you apply on your skin.
Here are a few magical foods you should get your hands on now
This cute little fruit is loaded with Vitamin C that fights free radicals that damage cells and break down collagen, leading to wrinkles. We suggest that you pick yummy strawberry smoothies once in a while for better hydration. Or you can simply apply them on your face to look young and fresh.
This magical fruit is the most antioxidant- rich fruit. It has more inflammatory-fighting antioxidant. All you need to do is eat some fresh pomegranate or apply it on your skin to remove dead skin cells.
This magical drink has inflammation fighting antioxidants. Make a habit to sip 3 cups of green tea in a day for an antioxidant boost. You can also chill damp tea bags in the fridge and put on eyes as green tea contains tannins, which act as an astringent when applied to skin and help reduce puffiness.
Yogurt is made by bacterial fermentation of milk, a process that boosts digestive health as it produces the same bacteria found in the gut. The lactic acid in yogurt helps in dissolving dead skin and tightens pores. You can both eat it and apply it on your skin.
Honey is antibacterial and full of antioxidants. It helps in fighting acne and slows down aging. It also helps in bringing back the moisture to the skin.
Over to You
You can easily find these magical foods in your kitchen and home. What you do with them and how you make the most of them is your choice. If used properly, they can do wonders to your skin, health and body. All you need to do is to be aware of these little wonders in your home and the benefits they have in store for you.
And it’s important to eat today for tomorrow but it’s also very important to act today for tomorrow.
So, go to your kitchen now, look for these magical foods and make the most of them.
- Most viewed
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- 26 April Events
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail
- PM returns home from London
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Indonesia's Aceh
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge