Try some homemade hair masks for coloured hair
Published : 12 Jan 2018, 14:48
Hair colour is not just used for hiding grey hair anymore as people are changing the colour of their tresses according to their mood and seasons.
Hair colour is not just used for hiding grey hair anymore as people are changing the colour of their tresses according to their mood and seasons. However, this process needs a lot of care and attention so why not opt for few homemade hair mask recipes that you can use to keep your locks strong and shiny.
Bhavya Sharma and Vandana Gupta, listed five simple home-made hair masks for you:
* Avocado plus almond oil: Avocado is densely packed with nutrients and is a superfood that you should incorporate into your diet. This creamy fruit can also be applied to your hair to give it extra softness and shine. Since colour treatments can make your hair dry and brittle, a nutrient-rich and creamy fruit like avocado can efficiently salvage your colour-treated hair. Almond oil is also great for hair since it contains Vitamin A and E, in addition to other nutrients. Mixing avocado and almond oil give you a superfood mix of your hair and brain.
* Eggs plus honey: Eggs are extremely good for the health of your hair. You can use the protein-rich eggs to bring the lost shine and lustre back to your hair. If hair colour has made your hair dry and frizzy, egg masks can help you deal with these issues effectively. Honey is a great humectant and has over 22 amino acids, 27 minerals, and 5,000-plus enzymes. It is also full of anti-oxidants. Mix eggs and honey to bring life back to your hair and fight the negative effects of pollution.
* Banana plus milk: The combination of banana and milk gives you the goodness of protein, good fats and calcium, among other nutrients. As good as this combination is for your bones, it works wonders for your color-treated hair too.
* Olive oil plus honey: Olive oil is rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids and is extremely beneficial for hair. Virgin olive oil also works great for colour-treated hair. Honey, on the other hand, adds luster to the hair and contains amino acids and enzymes that repair damaged hair.
* Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise is rich in fats since it is made out of egg yolk and vegetable oil, among other things. If you refrain from eating mayonnaise because of its fat content, you can still use it on your hair to avail its benefits. The smell can be an issue and you add an essential oil, lavender for instance, to the mixture.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- Mother ‘hacked dead’ by ‘drug addict’ son in Kushtia
- 23 September Events
- 23 September Births
- 23 September Deaths
- Seven-day skin care routine for lovely looks
- Prime Minister to address 73rd Session UNGA September 27
- Instant triple talaq an offence in India
- PM leaves for London Friday en route to NY to join 73rd UNGA
- Bangladesh hand Lebanon 8-0 thrashing
- PM unveils ‘World Skills Bangladesh’ logo
- Hasina, Modi to open Bangladesh-India oil pipeline today
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- UK Foreign Secy Hunt to meet Suu Kyi during Myanmar visit