Skincare tips for women above 40
Published : 14 Jan 2018, 18:02
After 40, it is very important for a woman to choose the right skin care regime and make-up.
Always hydrate your skin before applying the foundation and opt for peach or pink blush, say experts.
Make-up artists Bhumika Bahri and Niti Luthra have listed down some techniques for women above the age of 40.
* Skincare as an investment: Investing in good skin care routine is the first step towards enhancing your skin. As we touch 40 our skin becomes dry and wrinkles start to appear. A good moisturizer and anti-aging serum will revive your skin.
* Prep and prime: The skin should be prepped properly for an even base. Primer plays an important role for a lesser base. Use concealer and contouring for a defined base.
* Balanced skin tone: Foundation with hydrating formulas work best after 40 as the skin becomes thin and makes the complexion dull. The hydrating foundation brings back the colour of the skin. Liquid formulas work best as it will not settle in the fine lines. Warm colours and yellow undertones balance the skin tone.
* Peach or pink blush: Women above 40 years of age are advised to use peach and pink blush to add colour to their skin. It will add a natural healthy glow to the cheekbones.
*Enhance your eyes: Eyeshadows should be of warm tones. Using matte browns or neutral toned eyeshadows would define the eyes. Use Kohl or gel eyeliner along with mascara to give a softer look.
*Fuller lips: As we age our lips become thin and dry. Using lip liner would give fuller lip effect. Matte lipsticks with a dab of gloss in the center will give plumpness to the lips. Light and bright shades should be used as per the skin tone.
- Most viewed
- Simple ways to protect lips during summer
- PM left Dhaka for Australia to join the Global Summit of Women
- Six-year-old girl raped in Bogura
- Supporting women to get priority in intellectual property law: Amu
- Sheikh Hasina leaves for Australia today on three-day visit
- Address human rights concerns, urge Asean MPs in open letter
- Mother, daughter killed in Moulvibazar fire
- 26 April Deaths
- 26 April Births
- PM returns home from London
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Husband kills wife for dowry
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 5th anniv of Rana Plaza tragedy today
- Hasina to receive global women leadership award
- Model Kazi Asif freed on bail