Marinated broccoli with yogurt dip
Published : 15 Jan 2018, 18:12
This tangy broccoli with yogurt dip is a real weekend pleasure.
Not only is this ultra-creamy version of broccoli but your family will be able to relish every bite even if they are not broccoli fans. Make it once and it will become a regular on your weekend snacks menu.
Preparation time: 30 – 45 minutes
Broccoli 250 grams
Nachos 50 grams
Yogurt dip –
Fresh thick yogurt 1 ½ cups
Tomato puree 1 tbsp
Orange juice 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
Lemon rind 1/2 tsp
Vinegar 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli paste 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Vinaigrette Dressing –
Oil 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1/2tbsp.
Orange juice 1 ½ tbsp.
Garlic 1/2 tbsp. (finely chopped)
Mustard paste 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Hang yogurt for an hour. It will remain almost half in quantity.
Grate the peel off half lemon to make lemon rind.
You may use ready-made tomato puree and orange juice.
Cut broccoli into florets with long stalks.
Blanch it in boiling water for two minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
Mix well all the ingredients of vinaigrette dressing and toss broccoli in it. Refrigerate till you serve.
Mix all the ingredients of yogurt dip and blend well till smooth. Refrigerate till serving.
To serve, put yogurt dip in a bowl and place it on a serving dish. Arrange marinated broccoli all around. Serve chilled with Nachos.
This dish of blanched broccoli, tomato puree and orange juice is tossed in vinaigrette dressing and served with crispy tangy Nachos. Just amazing!
- Most viewed
- No cell phones at Deepika, Ranveer destination wedding
- Nick Jonas reaches India for engagement bash with Priyanka
- How Jacqueline lost Bharat to Katrina
- Youth found dead at Chattogram hotel
- Aretha Franklin made ‘Respect’ a feminist anthem
- Caned by headmaster, schoolgirl kills self
- Woman held in city for ‘spreading rumour on Facebook’
- Bangladesh won’t see killers reign again: PM
- Prime minister says Khaleda too involved in 15 Aug coup
- Williams rebounds from worst loss to advance in Cincy tennis
- Sheikh Hasina to inaugurate 23 bridges, Fatehpur Railway Overpass
- BD beat Nepal 3-0 to emerge group top in SAFF U-15 Women’s championship
- U-15 girls take on Bhutan in SAFF semi
- Antibiotic resistance genes in air pose threat to human health: Study
- Prime Minister pays homage to Bangabandhu in Tungipara
- Nation observes National Mourning Day today
- President, PM pay homage to Bangabandhu
- SAFF U-15 girls reach final beating Bhutan 5-0