Marinated broccoli with yogurt dip
Published : 15 Jan 2018, 18:12
This tangy broccoli with yogurt dip is a real weekend pleasure.
Not only is this ultra-creamy version of broccoli but your family will be able to relish every bite even if they are not broccoli fans. Make it once and it will become a regular on your weekend snacks menu.
Preparation time: 30 – 45 minutes
Broccoli 250 grams
Nachos 50 grams
Yogurt dip –
Fresh thick yogurt 1 ½ cups
Tomato puree 1 tbsp
Orange juice 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1/2 tsp
Lemon rind 1/2 tsp
Vinegar 1/2 tbsp
Red chilli paste 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Sugar to taste
Vinaigrette Dressing –
Oil 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1/2tbsp.
Orange juice 1 ½ tbsp.
Garlic 1/2 tbsp. (finely chopped)
Mustard paste 1/2 tsp
Red chilli flakes 1/2 tsp
Sugar 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Hang yogurt for an hour. It will remain almost half in quantity.
Grate the peel off half lemon to make lemon rind.
You may use ready-made tomato puree and orange juice.
Cut broccoli into florets with long stalks.
Blanch it in boiling water for two minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
Mix well all the ingredients of vinaigrette dressing and toss broccoli in it. Refrigerate till you serve.
Mix all the ingredients of yogurt dip and blend well till smooth. Refrigerate till serving.
To serve, put yogurt dip in a bowl and place it on a serving dish. Arrange marinated broccoli all around. Serve chilled with Nachos.
This dish of blanched broccoli, tomato puree and orange juice is tossed in vinaigrette dressing and served with crispy tangy Nachos. Just amazing!
- Most viewed
- Traditional Ramadan Drinks with a Twist?
- Bangladesh-India to continue trend of cooperation in future: PM
- PM Hasina, Indian PM Modi inaugurate ‘Bangladesh Bhaban’ at Shantiniketan
- Only 1/5 of displaced Rohingyas’ needs funded: UNFPA
- Hasina, Modi to inaugurate Bangladesh Bhaban today
- PM Hasina in Santiniketan on a two-day visit to Kolkata
- PM Hasina talks to ailing Mahmoud Abbas over phone
- Priyanka asks world to learn from Bangladesh
- PM Sheikh Hasina left Dhaka for Kolkata
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement
- 10 killed in Texas school shooting
- More than 100 killed in Cuba Plane crash (Video)
- Lack of awareness, support pushes up suicide incidents in BD: Expert
- Siam plays Salman Shah for ‘Poramon 2’
- Two teenage ethnic girls found dead
- Sheikh Hasina, Modi to meet in Santiniketan
- Chun leads rain-hit Kingsmill Championship by one shot
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be