Foods to gear up your metabolism
Published : 17 Jan 2018, 17:48
Opt the sure-fire ways to not only fire up your metabolism, but keep it in the red all day long.
Transform your body into a fat-burning machine with exercise and nutrition. It is not about to ‘diet’. You can eat more nutrition-dense food to crowd out the empty calories and keep you full all day. Dieting can kill your metabolism.
Speed up your body’s fat-burning furnace with metabolism-boosting foods and drinks to ditch that stubborn flab around your belly.
Water: Start raising your metabolism by 30 percent drinking at least eight glasses of water every day. Ideally, a person should drink water equal to half of his body weight in ounces.
Leafy Greens: Leafy greens are a great metabolism-booster due to the presence of high fiber content. They can increase the rate of fat burn by 30 percent if consumed thrice a day. Organic dark leafy greens like spinach and kale provide iron to support healthy blood which is key to optimum cellular metabolism energy.
Green Tea: Three to five cups of green tea a day can help you burn an extra 70 calories. Green tea extract is a proven metabolism-booster to enhance the fat-burning process.
Coffee: Coffee is a fairly healthier metabolism booster than sugar. Drink it to give a jump to your metabolism making a difference over a long period of time. You can train harder after having a cup of coffee.
Apple Cider Vinegar: It helps to curb cravings by leveling blood sugar levels. ACV assists in easy digestion and better absorption of nutrients. Having it empty stomach daily is a great way to boost your metabolism.
Almonds: Packed with antioxidants, a handful of almonds daily should be incorporated into your diet to raise your metabolism.
Chia Seeds: These seeds are a bountiful source of healthy omega-3 fats, fiber, and protein. The combo of these three is one of the best natural supplement that can help boost metabolism rate.
Watermelon: Watermelon is full of amino acid arginine helping you shed your extra pounds. Adding a small bowl of this fruit daily to your meal can actually work towards nurturing metabolism. Don’t eat it in abundance due to its high sugar content. Yet, eating in moderation can speed fat-loss.
Grapefruit: This fruit can closely be associated with weight-loss. The high amount of fiber and its power to lower insulin levels help in boosting metabolism.
Fish: Fish is rich in omega-3, fatty acids, and protein. It lowers inflammation and blood sugar that in turn help in raising the rate of metabolism.
Metabolism is a simple series of chemical processes by which your body cells produce the energy needed to sustain life. Few people are privileged having a high metabolism by birth, but if you are not among those lucky ones, don’t disappoint. You can raise yours and reap the benefits of these foods and drinks. They will help you develop and maintain a better body composition.
- Most viewed
- Rohingya 'militants' massacred Hindus: Amnesty
- Muktamoni dies after battle with life
- 23 May Events
- 23 May Births
- 23 May Deaths
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack
- Prime Minister goes to Kolkata Friday
- Habibun Nahar gets AL ticket for Bagerhat-3 by-poll
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Around 60 babies a day born in Rohingya camps in Bangladesh: UNICEF
- PM Sheikh Hasina’s Homecoming Day Today
- Saima for incorporating mental healthcare in disaster management plan
- Senate votes to confirm Haspel as CIA`s first female chief
- 10 Tips to Pre-Prep Meals for Ramadan to Save Time and Effort
- PM for Nuremberg trial system for war criminals
- Ramadan Recipes: Baked Potatoes
- Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big day
- Kamala Bhattacharya: First female martyr in Bengali Language Movement