Recipe: Corn kernel korma
Published : 21 Jan 2018, 18:22
The kernel of corns hold the majority of corn nutrients. They are the most popular part of vegetable family.
This weekend gain optimal health with this yummy and nutritious dish that goes well with hot chapattis. Besides being a delicious addition to your meal, it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, minerals, fibre, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Sweet corn kernels 250 grams
Onions 2 (medium)
Tomatoes 2 (medium)
Black cardamom 3-4
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Sugar ¼ tsp
Green chillies 2
Fresh curd 200 grams
Salt to taste
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Chop onions, green chillies and tomatoes finely.
Take water in a big container and boil corn kernels for 30 minutes uncovered.
Heat oil in a pan. Add black cardamom. Saute for few seconds.
Add onion and cook till golden brown.
Add tomatoes. Cook till tender.
Add all spices except salt. Mix well.
Add beaten curd. Cook for five minutes more.
Add boiled corn kernels and salt. Cook for another five minutes covering the pan.
Turn off the flame. Transfer the korma in a serving glass bowl.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with chapattis or bread toast.
It is always good to use fresh corn to make this vegetable. However, frozen corn can also be used. While buying fresh corn, make sure that the husk is not dried out. Also consume them within few days to ensure best of health and taste.
A meal rich in corn can go a long way in protecting against many diseases. So start trying!
- Most viewed
- Magical good luck plants and trees for home
- Use potato slices to treat puffy eyes
- Jatrabari school teacher held over ‘sexual harassment’
- PM visits Rajshahi tomorrow
- Microsoft introduces Bangla version ‘Kaizala’
- President, PM pay homage to language martyrs
- Nation pays homage to language martyrs
- 21 February Deaths
- 21 February Births
- Open Access Movement for Open Data, Education and Research
- Woman who got attention by giving birth to 7 kids has died
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux separate
- At least 17 killed in US school shooting
- 21 women raped, assaulted on public transport in 13 months: Report
- Youth to die for killing Sherpur housewife
- Momena, Asmaul self-radicalised through internet videos: Cops
- Prime Minister reaches Abu Dhabi
- 2 housewives ‘commit’ suicide in Jessore