Recipe: Corn kernel korma
Published : 21 Jan 2018, 18:22
The kernel of corns hold the majority of corn nutrients. They are the most popular part of vegetable family.
This weekend gain optimal health with this yummy and nutritious dish that goes well with hot chapattis. Besides being a delicious addition to your meal, it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, minerals, fibre, phytochemicals and antioxidants.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Sweet corn kernels 250 grams
Onions 2 (medium)
Tomatoes 2 (medium)
Black cardamom 3-4
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Sugar ¼ tsp
Green chillies 2
Fresh curd 200 grams
Salt to taste
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Chop onions, green chillies and tomatoes finely.
Take water in a big container and boil corn kernels for 30 minutes uncovered.
Heat oil in a pan. Add black cardamom. Saute for few seconds.
Add onion and cook till golden brown.
Add tomatoes. Cook till tender.
Add all spices except salt. Mix well.
Add beaten curd. Cook for five minutes more.
Add boiled corn kernels and salt. Cook for another five minutes covering the pan.
Turn off the flame. Transfer the korma in a serving glass bowl.
Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with chapattis or bread toast.
It is always good to use fresh corn to make this vegetable. However, frozen corn can also be used. While buying fresh corn, make sure that the husk is not dried out. Also consume them within few days to ensure best of health and taste.
A meal rich in corn can go a long way in protecting against many diseases. So start trying!
- Most viewed
- What to eat to stay full during Ramadan
- Worried about high cholesterol levels? Avoid foods full of trans fats
- Bangabandhu Satellite will benefit broadcasting industry: Tarana
- Bangladesh being built with Nazrul’s non-communal spirit: PM
- Ireland: Exit polls predict win for repealing abortion ban
- Housewife strangulated to death in Satkhira
- Facebook, Twitter to introduce new guidelines for political ads
- PM Hasina receives D.Litt from Nazrul University at Asansol
- 4 kids drown in Cox’s Bazar, Bagerhat
- You'll Never Believe How Tasty Healthy Pancakes Can Be
- Khulna City mayor calls on Prime Minister
- Prime Minister talks tough against drugs
- World needs to care about Rohingyas: Priyanka Chopra
- Woman gives birth to world’s seventh ‘mermaid baby’
- 9 die due to Nipah virus outbreak in India
- The Simple Things That Can Easily Lift Your Mood Up
- True grit Sharapova back at French Open with point to prove
- Actress Tazin Ahmed passes away due to heart attack