Weekend recipe: Skinny Orange Chicken
Published : 02 Feb 2018, 13:30
If you love ordering this for takeout, now you can enjoy it at home with zero guilt.
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 1/3 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 c. cooked jasmine rice
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Set up a dredging station with one bowl of flour, one of eggs, and one of panko. Dredge the chicken in flour, then coat in eggs and cover in panko. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange chicken on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until no longer pink, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine orange juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch. Whisk until combined and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl and toss in orange sauce.
- Serve over rice with orange zest, sesame seeds, and green onions.
- Most viewed
- Saudi women's fitness centre shut over 'indecent' video
- Teenage girl loses leg in Banani road accident
- India cabinet approves death penalty for child rape
- Ostrich chicks, gold ornaments seized in Satkhira
- Hasina seeks quick implementation of Commonwealth Declarations
- PM suggests making CW high-level group more representative
- Science Says: Amount of straws, plastic pollution is huge
- 3 resident students of DU hall brought back
- PM exchanges greetings with British Queen
- Barbara Bush 'in failing health' won't seek further treatment
- 1st female BD photographer selected for Joop Swart Masterclass
- PM to join Saudi-led military drill's concluding ceremony today
- Queen tips Prince Charles to follow her as Commonwealth head
- Spread history and legacy of Mujibnagar govt: Muna Tasneem
- PM calls for Commonwealth’s comprehensive reform
- Former US first lady Barbara Bush dies
- To soften image, Kim Jong Un turns spotlight to sister, wife
- Bollywood celebs protest to seek justice for rape victims